All reviews the cottages north cottage across the street key west style on anna maria island get away fishing pier next year gulf drive short walk free trolley nice pool sized bed laid back little piece of paradise the entire island gulf of mexico
Reviewed 7 August 2018

These beautiful chalets bungalows/villas are amazingly spacious. They have everything you need and are self contained. Great location opposite the free trolley stop. Value for money and we will definitely return

Room tip: All beautiful
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We have been customers of this resort for the past eight years and enjoyed it for the peacefulness, amenities, and cleanliness. Unfortunately, this year was very unpleasant due to extensive construction occurring on site. When I booked the rooms, I was not informed of this activity, which included the loud noises associated with construction, hammering, saws, and the loud voices (sometimes cursing) of the construction workers that began at approximately 7:30 a.m. and ended at 7:45 p.m. In addition, the workers vehicles made navigating the small driveways difficult. When I mentioned the issue with the Property Manager who visited each morning of the excesssive noise, she “blew me off” by stating “the workers can be on site until the posted resort’s quiet time up until 10 p.m. and can return by 7:00 a.m. My understanding of this expectation is for protection from unruly guests, not to condone excessive construction noise. Although I applaud the renovations (we know will lead to higher room rates) as few simple actions to include the construction times from a 8;30 to 5 p.m. time frame and closing of the doors of the cottages would have eased the noise and activity issues, in addition to a sympathetic ear. I did voice my complaints to the office worker, and she stated she would make note of it, I was not confident that would happen. Please be aware of this activity, which according to the Property Manager, would be ongoing for the next few months. Due to the lack of concern by the management of the resort, we will be exploring other accommodations for the future.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Gwhitaker1458
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Tradewinds is a fantastic location for a unique Florida vacation. The small, quaint resort is 50 metres from the Intercoastal Waterway and 100 metres from the Gulf of Mexico. Beautiful, secluded pool and private fishing pier. Cottages are abundant with charm and character. This is a place that you will want to return to. Superb value for money.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Price point is high for a spot across from the beach but the serenity, and cottages were worth it. At first I was disappointed not to have a beach view. Access to the beach is right across the street and really simple. Lounge chairs and towels provided were clean and plentiful.
We would spend 9-1 on the beach. We would use an umbrella that the Tradewinds offered as well. We would walk to the Beach House for lunch and then back to the Incredible Pool on the back side of the property near the waterway. Floating and looking at the palm trees was so relaxing and quiet. I guess we missed the previous busy week so we were often alone. We even swam at night from 9-10 which was warm and soothing. Pool amenities great too.
We were in #2at the front of the property. We could hear the road from the room. Not a big deal really. We didn’t use the air conditioner. The breeze from the fans and open windows was plenty. I would have preferred a 17 or 21 back unit with a covered porch. Next time we will ask for that. Our room was very clean with nice attention to towels, soap, furniture etc.. Thank you to the friendly and efficient cleaning staff. They all deserve a raise
I ended up LOVING my little cottage away from the beach. It was a comfortable spot and we would return.
Sitting on the dock in the back that looks out over the waterway was our evening routine with a vodka tonic and our feet on the railing.
Suggestion....although lots of glassware in kitchen, provide larger plastic glasses for drinks. Staff friendly and very helpful.. thank you Debbie and Renee.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank AuntieMartha
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

It was not made clear what the lack of services meant when I made my reservation or at checkin. You are expected to wash your own towels and sheets. NO CLEANING SERVICES.. We stayed for 11 days. Upon checkin I was told to bring my towels to the office they would "exchange" them. Which I did day 1. Day 2 I was told they weren't ready they had someone leave a bag of them when were were out. Day 3...a very helpful Dante... is confused said that is not the case. When u accept extended pricing there's no services u do your own laundry. I was now confused and a bit upset. If I wanted sheets changed... towels... floors cleaned garbage done..I could pay $30 FOR EACH OF THESE SERVICES. We've stay here several times but only a week at a time so it was never an issue. He was very understanding ....and arranged for typical service the rest of our stay which we greatly appreciated. At no additional cost. Unfortunate misunderstanding.

Date of stay: April 2018