See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Read the other reviews before I booked this location, so was worried as to what expect, but for business it was close to where I needed to be. Guess I got lucky, room was clean, lights and tv worked, staff checked me in with no problem, The place is what you would expect for a cheap motel in an outlying area. My experience wasn't bad, but from what I saw it appears to be a buyer beware. Check your room out carefully before checking in. If they won't let you then move on.

Room Tip: Just do thorough inspection of room before you check in
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2016

This urine loving, bodily fluid admiring, filth accepting, thieving manager/owner is as unprofessional and disrespectful as they come. He is the dreadfully delusional guy on hotel TV shows that you didn't think really existed.

This place goes by two different names so don't be fooled. "Tivoli Inn" and "Knights Inn Bonifay." TripAdvisor reviews really let us down this time.

We didn't expect much from a budget priced inn, just a clean set of beds to sleep in for six hours before getting back on the road.
Upon entering, the room is hot and moist feeling. We turned on the lights, the bulbs put out a weird dull, dim yellow color. We were hesitant to set our bags down. I wiped down a desk to put our bags on and my wife started pulling the bedspread down to set our two year old in. Suprise! She finds a giant urine stain on the sheets that lit the room brighter than the bulbs did. I walk over to see the sheets and notice that my wipe is yellow after cleaning the desk. We turned on the other lamps and checked over both beds. More large yellow stains on sheets and pillow cases, a cigarette burn, brownish spots on other areas of bedding. The bed skirt also had stains. It became obvious that the lighting was meant to be dim so you couldn't see the bodily fluid stains that you'd be laying in.

We decided to leave and get a refund. We were only in the room between five and ten minutes. The manager/owner didn't believe us and said he would only refund us half. "You're wrong, the room is clean" he repeated each time I explained the problems in the room. He was getting louder each time he repeated himself. I told him to go to the room with me and see for himself, we went to the room. I point at the cigarette burn and said "that's a cigarette burn", he said "no it's not, it's clean." I told him to pull the blanket down, he does and we are both looking at the large yellow piss stain. I said, "that's a pee stain." He is yelling at this point and says, "that is clean!" "This is all clean!" "That is not pee!" We are both pointing at the same thing, he sees what i see but denies what it is. If it's not piss what is it? I asked. "I don't know" he says. If it's not a cigarette burn what is it? I don't know he says. Then i said what are these reddish brown spots? He said, "it's paint". Paint!? Is this a canvas?? I asked. "It's from painting the walls" he said. So this is clean to you? I asked "Yes, everything is clean! This is all clean!" he yelled. I told him to give me my money back so I could take my family to a place that respects us and appreciates our business. He replied "Well go to the hotel down the street." He then said, "I will only refund half because i have no housekeeping working right now. I can't rent this room out anymore." I replied that it shouldn't have been rented to us because it was never cleeaned to begin with. At this point i noticed that he has various holes and stains on his own clothing. We contacted Knights Inn directly for a refund.

Room Tip: Run as quickly as you can
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank FloridaTraveler8807
Reviewed 11 July 2016

This hotel is now the Tivoli Inn. It is an old hotel that new owners are trying to patch together. When I walked into the lobby, I smelled food cooking, not appealing. The checking was smooth. The room had a bad smell (Pine Sol?) and just old. The next morning we had no water because the water line broke in five places. I had a roach crawl on me in the bed. Never again! Don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LE C
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

I'm here visiting with my family. We reserved a room online. Arrived at 6pm and was finally given our room after they had trouble locating my reservations. The room smelled very musty and of cigarettes. The ac was off and it's the middle of summer in Florida. We turned the ac on and left for hours while it cooled off. Came back around 11pm and put my 10 yr old in bed. He began itching and was covered in hives. I checked the pillow and there was a bug on it. The other pillow was dirty (feel like mom of the year). Took the pillows straight to the office. The man smashed the bug and offered me new pillows and said that the bug was from our service dog (FYI he's an allergy alert dog and he was alerting like crazy at this point). Got our family out quickly and gave my son meds. The guy in the office refused to give me a refund and when another customer walked out he threatened to charge me for her as well. I went straight to the police department and the officer told me how to report them and that I need to call my bank to stop payment. Do NOT stay here. Oh and to the review from February that talks of their nice pool....there is no pool here....its been filled in for a long while and is grown up with weeds, grass, and vegetables....that's definitely a bogus review. What a great start to our vacation. Praying we can stay out of the emergency room tonight with my son.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TwanaB_11
Reviewed 15 June 2016

The people at the desk couldn't find our reservation. No wonder since their filing system was a pile of paper on the floor. There were no rooms available until we called Hotwire and played the "reservation confirmed" from them. The room was run down, no soap,rattly drippy a/c.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends