“Delicious!!! ”
Review of Roots Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Roots Italian Kitchen
Price range: USD 18 - USD 39
Description: Roots Italian Kitchen, a small authentic Italian Restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Boca Raton, is passionate about creating great Italian food with a healthy twist and providing their guests with the highest quality of food and service. Most of our ingredients are made fresh, in-house. Our mozzarella is made with the highest grade of Belgioioso curd, and gnocchi are hand-crafted daily using only Organic Yukon Gold Potatoes. All of our sauces are made to order and contain little butter and oil. Roots Italian Kitchen’s owners, Yuri Kouzenkov and Chef Michael Latimore, have created a menu that includes and highlights a vegetable with each dish or as a featured side. Our house made gnocchi are always organic, chicken is always all-natural and our presentation is always on-point.
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We had an unbelievably delicious meal from start to finish. Caesar salads, truffle burrata with Roma tomatoes and eggplant rollatini. Every bite was great. Chicken Marsala, pesto gnocchi, chicken parm and rigatoni bolognese were all amazing! The staff was attentive during entire meal. The chef is amazing and nice to talk to. The best Italian in Boca, no contest!

Yuriy K, Owner at Roots Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Aaron, Its a pleasure to read your review. Thank you. We look forward to you next visit!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We are visiting from NJ and decided to drop in. Reviews on yelp did not mention reservation was required so when we arrived the manager, Artem let us know. When I mentioned we were from out of town and weren't aware, he offered us a table outside. We didn't have a designated server since they were busy so Artem took our entire order. We didn't get any bread as other tables did but no biggie. We could do without.

Given they accommodated us, our food did not take long. For appetizer we orders the Caprese salad. Mozzarella is made in house. It was good and lightly seasoned . For main course Hubby had the Chicken Scarpariello (big portion) and a side of fettuccini pasta with marina sauce (small portion but more than enough).

I had the Gnocchi with bolognese sauce. The gnocchi is made fresh so it was light but still very filling and the bolognese sauce was very good. Paired with a nice glass of wine and its great!

The only downfall was that sitting outside the mosquitoes had a field day with is. I had a sweater and had to wear it so was dying from the heat and hubby was nice enough to give me his jersey to wrap my legs. So make sure to make a Reservation and sit inside.

Artem was excellent and made our night.

THANK YOU ARTEM!! We look forward to our next visit.

Good Evening,
Thank you for writing a review of your experience. I'm sorry we were not able to seat you inside due to an overflow of guests. We hope you return again, and we will make ure to have a cozy inside table for you.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

It isn't often that I wax poetic about a dining experience. At best South Florida eateries are mediocre to good, rarely reaching the caliber of the outstanding, eye rolling delicious destination restaurants one finds today in San Francisco, LA, NY, London, Barcelona or countless other gastronomic capitols. Roots might be the first local exception to the rule. I've had great meals for the last 20 years in South Florida. Few have been memorable to the point I can recall every course. Norman Van Aken and Michelle Bernstein are the exceptional chefs that left me saying, "Wow," at the end of my meal.
Roots gets a BIG WOW. But it isn't perfect. The flaws, fortunately, are easily fixable. Service is lagging and a bit haphazard. A request to refill the bread and butter plate went unanswered. The request for a second glass of iced tea resulted in a long wait and then a second request in order to receive it. An order for a glass of red wine took over 10 minutes to be filled. And finally, an order for calamari, as a shared starter, never arrived.
Put that all aside.
For starters we shared a trio of Truffled Fresh Burrata, Mozzarella Nodino and Prosciutto di Parma at $25. It was a spectacular assortment enhanced by freshly baked breads and soft, spreadable butter. I hate being served butter so frozen you can't even cut into it.
Without question I was presented with the best Linguine Bolognese at $22 I've ever had anywhere, including in Italy.
My wife relished her Linguine Vongole in a white sauce. She also said it was among the best she ever tried - and she grew up in Italy. Just perfect.
We didn't have any of the three deserts offered, Tira Misu, Ricottta Cheesecake or Cannoli, all made on the premises. But I know they have to be outstanding.
What's utterly remarkable about Roots is that it is run by two outgoing, charming, self-assured 24 year old gents from Russia. Yup. When we were seated, I asked the affable manager, "How's your food?" He immediately replied, "We have the best Italian food in South Florida." I think he just might be right about that.

Good Evening Sir,
Its my outmost pleasure to Thank you for visiting our restaurant and writing a review of your dining experience. I appreciate every detail you mentioned, and will work hard on fixing all the small mistakes you listed. Its humbling to read about your level of satisfaction. Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you and your wife for dinner again soon.
Yuriy

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We were looking for a new place to try...my husband ordered the shrimp fra diavolo and was warned that it was spicy (it was not) and the shrimp was breaded (?) my husband said the flavor was ok. I ordered the snapper franchese and when I tasted it...it tasted burned. I flipped it over and saw the whole underside was black from char. They took it back and apologized. The second one reached me when my husband just finished his meal. This $32.00 snapper was completely devoid of any flavor. No lemon, no wine, no butter and not one caper. The staff was extremely nice throughout the evening. I asked for some lemon (waitress returned with two tiny pieces of lemon..most likely a drink garnish) But really for $32.00 I would have expected a better meal. The manager offered us a free dessert and coffee. Maybe I was there on a bad night...

1  Thank Rene22srl
Yuriy K, Owner at Roots Italian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Good Afternoon Rene,
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you found the snapper to be burnt and lacking flavor. The Snapper Francese is one of our most popular dishes, and usually makes our guest really happy. I would like to ask for you to give us another try, by coming in and enjoying dinner with you husband again and your main course will be complimentary. We hope you give our team this opportunity,
Thank you!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I went to dinner with a friend on a Saturday evening. It was our first time, as we heard it was relatively new. We have tried a few of the Italian restaurants near this one over the last couple of years, with comparable prices, and frequented them more than once. However, after leaving this one, we both said there was no reason to return, as it was just "ok". We did have an excellent server. However, our experience began with her explaining that they were out of a few of the wines on the "by the glass list" that we were interested in ordering. The bread offering was uninteresting, about four small individual pieces of different types. One bread basket for the table would have been more inviting. I ordered gnocchi with bolognese sauce. The server explained previously as we reviewed the menu items, that all the gnocchi dishes were homemade. My gnocchi was extremely heavy and the sauce nothing special. We ordered one piece of cheesecake which was delicious. We were told that the desserts were ordered from an offsite baker. Finally, for the east Boca menu prices offered here, I would return to our other two favorites nearby, and cross this off our list.