“Seconding certain other reviewers”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Seconding certain other reviewers”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Worst first: I agree with those who complain about the staff at the reception. One was quite nice, but the other outweighed that courteous treatment with rudeness. And the snacks are among the skimpiest that we have ever seen at an Embassy Suites property--and we've been to many all over the country. Our suite was roomy and tidy enough, although I did spot a plastic cup under a chair in the living room. The single ice machine on the 2nd floor was at the opposite side of the building--quite a hike. The breakfast ranks among the best of any ES property--especially the talented omelet chef (Wilfred) and the very friendly woman solicitously tending the coffee area. She kept things well-stocked and spic and span. The Douwe Egbert coffee, by the way, is uncommonly tasty. There's a walking trail along a river not far away--worth a look and a stroll.

Room Tip: It's a quiet location, so that most rooms are reasonably quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
BocaRatonEmbassy, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
It is great to read that you enjoyed the breakfast, and general overall stay at the hotel. We take these reviews extremely seriously and are always looking for feedback on how we can improve our product and guest services to meet and exceed your expectations each and every stay. I have shared your feedback regarding the Managers reception snacks and service with the appropriate Department Heads for review. Again we all do thank you for staying with us often and hope you continue to do so in the near future!

Best Regards
Jennifer Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The hotel was clean and the breakfast and manager's reception were very good. Our room was a typical Embassy Suites room, which is a good thing. The pool area and workout room were very good. As long as you have a car, this is a good choice in Boca.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
BocaRatonEmbassy, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you Harold for your kind words in regards to our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write a note in regards to your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This property is nicely situated in Boca Raton, close to I-95, halfway between Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm. I find it very easy to get around South Florida from this location. It is near the fabulous Boca Mall and some good restaurants. The staff is always very friendly and helpful if anything is needed. Good gym, although it is small, there are only 3 treadmills. Nice pool, large hot tub. This is a large property, although in the winter it is frequently completely full! Good breakfast, not the best I've had at ES, but a large variety, friendly staff. The biggest downside to this hotel is the bar staff at their manager's reception. I have actually bought wine at the grocery store to avoid them instead of taking advantage of the free drinks in the evenings. There is one bartender who is blatently rude every time I stay here (10-14 weeks/year). The other bartender pretty much ignores the guests. Less than stellar spread at the manager's reception for snacks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, near the elevator. There is only one set of elevators, and if your r...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
BocaRatonEmbassy, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
It is great to read that you enjoyed the breakfast, hotel location and general overall stay at the hotel. We take these reviews extremely seriously and are always looking for feedback on how we can improve our product and guest services to meet and exceed your expectations each and every stay. I have shared your feedback regarding the Managers reception snacks and service with the appropriate Department Heads for review. Again we all do thank you for staying with us often and hope you continue to do so in the near future!

Best Regards,
nyc
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have gone to Embassy Suites for one week for each of the last three years because my son's baseball team goes for spring training and I tag along. This hotel seems to specialize in high school and college teams on spring training as there are multiple teams from the northeast checking in or out at all times.
What all the other reviewers have stated is accurate. The hotel should have a make over. It needs one badly.
On the other hand however, if circumstances dictate that you stay in a hotel where the breakfast is free and plentiful and pretty good, and provides a free cocktail hour and a pool and jacuzzi and work out room and a staff that I find friendly, then you could do worse.
Should you stay here on your honeymoon? Absolutely not, but in the spectrum of reasons hotels exist, Embassy Suites has a niche.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for the feedback and being a loyal return guest. I have passed on your suggestions for the hotel to the GM. I am glad that you overall enjoyed the Breakfast, Managers Reception and fitness center during your stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards
New Jersey
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I just spent two nights at the Embassy Suites, Boca Raton and I have to agree with many of the other reviewers that the hotel is in need of some help.

Based on the interior’s design, I suspect it was one of the original Embassy Suites – reminiscent of the first time I stayed in an Embassy back in the late 1980’s. Naturally, updates have been done over the years I’m sure, but it did still have a dated feel and appeared a bit worn. But not horribly.

Check in was interesting as the clerk was fairly aggressive with me insisting that my Hilton Honors profile said that I prefer smoking rooms. Since I loathe smoking, I knew this not to be the case and confirmed it later on when I viewed my profile.

The room was typical Embassy Suites – big and generally comfortable. Bathroom was dated and walls were scuffed throughout the room. The decorative lumbar pillow that was on the bed was absolutely disgusting. It had stains in multiple places. The next morning I left it on the table with a note to the maid. When I came back later, the pillow and note were where I left them. Perhaps the maid didn’t read the note or simply chose to ignore it. The wireless in the room was horrible. As a Hilton Honors member it was free but had I paid for it, I would have been angry.

Both nights of my stay my wife tried to call my room multiple times (she didn’t have the room number) and kept being connected to the same wrong room. The front desk clerk kept insisting that she was being put thru to the right room.

On the plus side, the free breakfast was great as was the nightly manager’s reception. The pool area was nice but again, a bit out of date. The workout room was small but had the basics. The hotel was very convenient to I-95 but was nestled in a corporate park. Walking anywhere is not an option.

Overall the hotel was fine. I would not consider this a resort hotel (not that they claim to be) and if you are looking for a swaying palm trees and ocean view type vacation, I would look elsewhere. But, if you don’t mind a corporate location, and a slightly dated décor, it may be worth the usual Embassy perks. Especially if the rate is right.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg187
BocaRatonEmbassy, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
It is great to read that you enjoyed the breakfast and manager’s reception at the hotel however I am sorry for the other issues you experienced –I will certainly follow up with the Department managers to ensure we address these issues properly.