New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
frequent traveler
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

my husband and i got married in delray beach and after visiting several hotels in the area (e.g. residence inn delray beach, embassy suites boca raton, and the nearby sister-hotel springhill suites) decided to put all our wedding guests in here. we also stayed here ourselves a few nights before the wedding and did not regret it. the rooms are tasteful, well-lit, and clean and the service was excellent. there's a small gym, and an outdoors pool (neither of which i used, so i can't comment on that).

they were remodeling the kitchen area when we were there but the hotel offered a complimentary business center downstairs, free wifi in the rooms, and very light continental breakfast in the morning (sister-hotel springhill suites about 500ft away offers a much better, full breakfast including eggs and waffles, but we stayed there one night after our wedding and liked the actual room accommodations at the towneplace more).

overall, i thought the hotel was a great value (we and/or our guests either did the studio or the 2-BR suite, so i can't comment on the 1-BR suite but we were very pleased with the quality for the price). recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank juicebox1234
JenDott, Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Good afternoon Ennekube,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your wedding guests and family. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed our accomodations and their stay with us! We hope to serve you again soon! P.S. - the Market/Breakfast area looks fabulous!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Spent 14 days at this hotel. The staff was excellent and helpful, The pool was kept at a real nice hot temperature. Super clean. Except for the misunderstanding on when we wanted our sheets changed the palce was excellent. This is our second time there and wil be going back for sure

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grapho_11
JenDott, Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the misunderstanding on the linen and we are happy to know that our staff quickly resolved the issue for you. We are anticipating your stay with us again for a third time! Thank you again!
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

I recommended this hotel and was later told about the negative review, so I'm compelled to debunk the bed bugs myth. I've been at this hotel on business for the better part of two years. During this time, I never experienced problems with any pests including bed bugs. However, I do recall an incident in which a gentleman thought he had been bitten by bugs but later discovered it was an allergic reaction to something he had eaten. My concerns were further laid to rest after I was given a copy of an inspection performed by a 3rd party. The staff is exceptional from management to housekeeping. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The kitchenette is nice for preparing hot meals but if you must dine out, the hotel is conveniently located near a variety of restaurants for every budget.
If you're planning a visit to the Boca Raton area for business or pleasure, I don't believe you will be disappointed in choosing this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank sja1971
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

My elderly mother and I had two bedroomsr in the Towne Suite hotel. My mother is handicapped, and even though they fixed the grab bar that was hanging off of the anchors, we decided to let that incident go, since they fixed it when we called down.
Each night I felt my legs were getting bitten up, Finally, night four, I noticed more than a dozen jumping bugs beds in my bed. My mother also had the same bug in her bed.
We complained, they called in an exterminator who examined the bugs, and told us they were gnats. We were moved to a one bedroom suite, after we complained. On check out they charged us the price of a two bedroom suite, even though we stayed in a one room suite, and then sent us a letter with incorrect grammar stating that "there 'was' no bugs found in the room as you had indicated". My doctor, who put me on 5 different medications due to my inflamed bitten ankles would disagree. I have pictures too!

Stayed February 2011
9 Thank Travelwithmom86
JenDott, Manager at TownePlace Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, 16 May 2011
Hello, Travelwithmom86 –

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. And while we certainly have a different recollection (and documentation to prove it) of the incident, we appreciate your visit to our hotel.
As you know, we take any and all such accusations extremely seriously; that is why we moved you in to a different room and had a professional pest and bug prevention service come immediately to evaluate the rooms. After a thorough inspection of the room in question (as well as another room, just to be sure) Steritech, the leading company in this field, concluded that there were no bugs in the beds or anywhere in the rooms. In fact, nor did the Steritech representative indicate that what you think you saw were gnats; they said that there were no bugs in the room, period. Including gnats.
In addition, as you know, we passed your claim on to our insurance company, and due to the seriousness with which we handled your claim and our cautious efforts to ensure our accuracy, they denied your claim.
And regarding your room charges, we did not over-charge you; in fact, we actually ‘comped’ one of your rooms. Since as you will recall, you moved into a one-bedroom suite and your mother remained in the two-bedroom suite, you were occupying two guest rooms, however we did not charge you for the one-bedroom suite that you moved to. In addition, we purchased 20,000 Marriott Rewards points for any inconvenience you and your mother may have had during your stay.
I sincerely regret that this situation has come to this, however I have the utmost confidence in our hotel, our staff, and our efforts to appropriately address your situation. The reality is that we did a thorough examination of the guestroom in question and found no trace of bugs; we followed all proper legal and corporate protocol, including documentation and due diligence and your claim was denied by the insurance agency; we gave you a free guest suite during your stay; and we compensated you with 20,000 Marriott Rewards points. The bottom line is, I don’t know what else we could/can do.
Regardless, again, we thoroughly appreciate your business and we would love to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future.

Thank you!
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Boca Raton
East Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

I spent a week here in February 2011. The location is in an office park with a few other similar hotels. There’s a nice sense of open space without a clustered, high-rise atmosphere. The parking was free and plentiful. I did notice when I was up early that the closest lots to the building were filled but the further away lots could be easily accessed, something which I never had to do
There’s not easy access to restaurants, bars, or stores within walking distance. There are some strip malls about .25 mile (one-quarter) away but the main street, NW 51st I believe, is a pretty big thoroughfare, not congenial to walking. (I did see a few intrepid souls doing it though)
There’s a running/walking/biking trail a couple hundred yards away which I used. I don’t know how far it goes as I only went ½ mile north on it one day.
The rooms were clean and the kitchen/microwave/full refrigerator/stove came in really handy for me. I didn’t notice any problem with smoke or disinfectants which previous writers have alluded to. Also, the free wi-fi in the room worked great for me.
The train tracks are nearby but I never was awakened. I heard the low rumble a few times when I was awake but it really was no bother to me. By the pool, which is pretty small, the train went by once and it was about a four iron shot away. I kind of like to watch them go by and they don’t take that long. (usually Tri-Rail or Amtrak, I think)
Hotel personnel were very polite and friendly in all interactions with me and helpful with simple requests including fixing a minor room problem within about ten minutes.
The highway, I-95, is about .1 mile (one-tenth) away. However, to access it from the hotel, you must turn right onto the main road, NW 51st, drive about .2 mile (two-tenths) west and make a U turn at the light. I timed that light at 2 minutes, 18 seconds once, so if you miss it, bring a book.
Overall, it is a clean, well-run establishment without a lot of extras. If you want to do some of your own cooking, be near a highway, drive to where you’re going, and go about your business without a lot of fluff, this is a good place for you. Good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business