“Excellent Sushi, Seafood, and Grilled Meats”

Santo's Modern American Buffet &Sushi
Ranked #23 of 923 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Description: At SanTo's Modern American Buffet & Sushi, we serve all-you-can-eat sushi, shellfish and traditional American fare in a cool, contemporary space. We strive to redefine the concept of an all-you-can-eat buffet with every dish that we prepare. We offer a vast array of delicious options, but never sacrifice flavor and quality for quantity. Our extensive menu combines traditional sushi and modern American flavors with innovative twists. Come visit our buffet restaurant in Boca Raton and choose from a variety of dining experiences, including sushi, grill and carving stations, a raw bar, hot entrees, a salad bar, soups, and decadent desserts. When you are looking for an unforgettable dining experience, stop by our sushi buffet in Boca Raton. Bring your friends and family, too! Our extensive selection means that there is something for everyone!
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We found out about this place by accident.
We were going to have dinner a the Shinju Japanese Sushi buffet.
When we arrived there, we were told, by a local resident, that the place had shut down 2 weeks prior.

They recommended Santo's to us ... and we are so glad that they did.

All the food on this buffet was Fresh, Attractive, and Flavorful.
They had 32 different types of Sushi and 6 - 8 types of Sashimi.
They had Raw Oysters, Raw Clams, Large Mussels, and Alaskan Snow Crab Leg clusters.

The Sushi, Sashimi, Oysters, Clams, and Mussels that I had were Excellent.

The Crab Legs, however, were Boiled (not Steamed).
Even though they were cold, many had soft, pliable shells and did not break open without a lot of work, whereas they should have easily 'snapped'. Also, once opened, many times, water poured out of the legs, just making a mess. This would not be the case if they were steamed instead of boiled.

Santo's has a grill with a cook that cooks several different types of meats, right in front of you. I tried 3 of the meats and all were very good. It was, however, a bit difficult to get a 'small' piece of meat as they are so generous with their portions.

Other buffet items included: Grilled Vegetables, Steamed Clams, Scottish Salmon, and many other items. Everything I had from the buffet trays was outstanding ... Fresh and Well Flavored.

Oh, and do not let me forget about the soups.
They had 3 to choose from.
I had a bowl of the Lobster Bisque. It was a little differently than many places do. It was not as thick. It was a bit thinner in consistency but just as rich and flavorful. I preferred it to the thicker type. At the bottom of the serving terrine was the prize ... Good-Sized pieces of Real Lobster. Yes, I got my share and really enjoyed it. So, when you serve yourself this soup, get it from the bottom and enjoy the real lobster.

They had a nice selection deserts including creme brule, chocolate (and oreo) mousse, and other deserts, as well as a selection of scoop-your-own ice cream flavors.

We had a wonderful meal and we feel fortunate that we bumped into that person that told us about Santo's. We will definitely be going back here and I know you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Contact M

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Although there is another location in Margate, FL, the Boca Raton location is clearly one of the best buffets in South Florida. The quality of food, diverse selections and fresh seafood which includes oysters are clearly above all else when comes to buffets. The service has always been exemplary as well since the servers are very attentive and helpful. The dinner selections include more dishes to choose from but the lunch menu is just as high with regards to quality and cost. A must visit!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Love the wide variety of food offer in this place. It will fit any mood and taste. From sushi to Steaks. The best of the 2 worlds and add to this a made to order brunch (Omelets, French toasts, eggs in several different ways, croissants, etc...). Bottomless Mimosas for an extra very reasonable fee.
This place is really nice, the food is very good. We go to this place almost every Sunday and we keep coming back... worth to try it!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Better be there early on a Sunday if you don't want to wait for a table. Great brunch and lunch buffet with an enormous variety of all kind of european and asian food. And not to forget the deserts!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on a birthday ocassion of a relative from overseas. In this restaurant and also at the other Santo’s location in Coconut Creek ,they give a free bottle of wine to the birthday person. The birthday of our overseas guest , had been the day before on a friday and now it was saturday , which was when we could all get together. The manager came over and told us that they could not provide the free gift because it could only be done on the exact day of the birthday . When I told her that other restaurants would make an exception she replied that it was the policy and I could leave if I wished. I told her that I was going nowhere as we had 4 other guests coming in of a total of 7. She retorted that I was just trying to get a free bottle of wine!!! as if we could not pay for it. The food is as good in this Santo’s as it is in the other location in Coconut Creek , Florida, and I would recommend patronizing the other location to still enjoy the good food but you would avoid this unmannered manager.

Date of visit: June 2018