“Nice Italian restaurant off the beaten track”

Augy's Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #119 of 921 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

This is a real family style Italian restaurant off the beaten track for most snowbirds. There were a lot of families with kids the night we were there. It was very good, and the service was good. Everyone was helpful. We were two couples and called ahead to make sure we could get a table.the manager held one for us.
All entrees come with salad or soup and a side of pasta. Garlic rolls are to die for. Generally more food than anyone can eat. Chicken Cacciatore was a huge bowl, eggplant parm was good. Their marinara sauce was really good. And it was not that expensive.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

And the service is usually good. We went there for dinner and it all started out well. We were 2 couples and our orders were simple. Two of us got our meals, one came out a later because the order hadn't been given to the kitchen,
and my husband's order was supposed to come out "soon" . We kept asking where my husband's order was when we could get the servers attention. We then found it had been given to another table. We were all nearly finished with our meal. We were told it would be out and we not be charged for it. Everyone was already aggravated. The meal came out and my husband by then could eat only about half of it. We get the check and are amazed to see we were charged for entree. They took it off and our friends felt we should get dessert. They gave us dessert, but were a little less than gracious.
I will go back because the food is good, but it was an unpleasant evening.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

In another review I wrote on a similar place in Boston I questioned the rating system. If you look at all the Italian restaurants in the Boca area based on classical Northern Italian cuisine this place does not rate 4. If you use "red sauce suburban places"it does. That is how I judged it and that is what I gave it.
Good Neapolitan food served simply...frankly better than I expected based on the decor....but you do not eat decor you eat the food.
I judge by quality not quantity but if you are a quantity (portion) judge this place rates right up there.
Gonna go back...guess that it is the telling factor.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

The lunch special at Augy's is a great deal! All you can eat pizza (of various types), small Italian sub sandwiches, and a fresh salad for $10. Add a refillable soda for another $2. Dinner is also delicious Italian food at reasonable prices. Not a fancy Boca spot, mostly for locals caring more about what they eat than how they look.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

As a long term purchaser of Augy's Sicilian Deep Dish pizza for some 30+ years, I have always been satisfied and considered their offerings as some of the best. On rare occasions we ate at their restaurant and last week was one of those occasions.

I ordered the Pasta with Alfredo Sauce and it was a real disappointment. The sauce was very flat and when I got home I added some more cheese in order to strengthen the flavor.

The restaurant also looks outdated and is in need of a major overhaul.

I will continue to order Sicillian Deep Dish Pizza for take-out but will avoid eating at the restaurant.

Been to Augy's Restaurant & Pizza? Share your experiences!