“Good food”

RockSteady Jamaican Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
RockSteady Jamaican Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 842 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 20th Street
Reviewed 24 May 2017

We went really early so there was only 1 other couple there at the time. The food was really good. We got a sampler plate first so we could try a couple bites of the most popular dishes. I found neither I or my husband care for goat. I don't care for oxtail but my husband did. The curry and jerk chicken are really good!
The waitress was really good and helpful. We will be back!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Another wonderful dinner at Rocksteady! Coco bread, sampler, jerked chicken, brown stewed chicken, Salmon and Shrimp. We were full when we left but will be back for another meal before we heard back to Ohio. Great people and terrific food!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

The jerk chicken is very tasty. We discovered this restaurant last year when visiting Boca. So we came back to this restaurant again this year. The place is small so make sure you go there early.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

My daughter and her boyfriend took me here and I loved it. The jerk chicken is incredible and the plantains are Yum! The oxtail was so tender and delicious. The snapper was good too. Our server Rachel was very friendly and attentive. Loved it!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I found out I went here for dinner a few years ago and didn't like it at all.

Last nite I went and it was DELICIOUS.

We shared an order of shrimp and scallop curry with red pepper and onions.
At first taste, I thought it was too salty but by second bite, it was the spice....Added the rice with peas and plantains and it turned out delicous..
Don't go for the atmosphere- it's just ok..One wall of banquettes was so low I had to sit on a pillow.

Had their carrot cake ( in the form of a cupcake)..it was wonderful..served warm and tasted a little ginger in it..no icing..NOT your typical carrot cake but a nice change of pace.

Don't go for the atmosphere- it is sorely lacking...lots of mismatched chairs- combo of booths , banquettes with chairs on other side , and then tables and chairs. Needs a little designer touch. BUT DEFINITELY GO FOR THE FOOD.

Owner stopped by and we had a GREAT waitress-Rachel.

Will we be back? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS want to try more dishes!!!!!!

btw, We had a groupon coupon which made it even better.