All reviews rooftop pool great location parking garage walking distance free breakfast rooms are spacious nice size nice hotel restaurants and shops change rooms high floor enjoyed my stay a wonderful stay would definitely stay here again housekeeping staff per day business trip
Reviewed 31 January 2018

It’s never a good start when you check In and your room key doesn’t work. It’s even worse when you realize that there is no safe in your room. The room itself was clean and spacious but had no robes. Also no instructions in the room on internet access. Hearing everything that went on in the hall was not a plus as was the fact that the train tracks were a block away. When the train went by and blew its horn you had no doubt that it was passing. The “free” breakfast was…well, you get what you pay for. Must say though, the coffee was quite good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Doctor G
Audra D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boca Raton/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Greetings Doctor G!

Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Boca Raton! Please accept apologies on behalf of myself and staff for the lack of in room safe, however, we do offer a safe room for your personal items. At Hyatt we pride ourselves on delivering a clean and friendly hotel as we care for people so they can be their best. Very excited that you enjoyed our coffee - which is a great start to the day. The City of Boca will be honoring a "quite zone" for the Brightline train in the overnight hours.

Thank you again for allowing our hotel to care for you so you can be your best. Hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Central location, easy walking to all the restaurants and shops.

We had a high floor, king room, looking west - which was spacious and typically Hyatt-modern. The room and public areas were very clean. The room had a refridgerator but lacked a safe.

The hotel's swimming pool was on the 7th floor and really beautiful.

One drawback was the noise - the train tracks are block away and I was woken up several times by the whistle and rat-ta-tat. We could also hear the roar of car traffic in the room. People talking in the hall sounded like they were in the room.

Happy hour at the bar was ok, but the same drink, across the street at Flannigan's was about half the price; and had a more up beat crowd.

Breakfast was included and was an ok modest buffet - nothing sweet (pastries).

Room tip: Ask for an east facing room - if you need quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milesaday
Audra D, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Boca Raton/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Greetings Milesaday!

Thank you for your kind review of the Hyatt Place Boca Raton Downtown! On behalf of the team and staff, we are thrilled that you enjoyed our location, the pool, and room cleanliness. The breakfast is that of the Hyatt Brand Standard, and not much consideration or modifications can be done, although, I encourage you to let Hyatt know directly as they are always willing to hear suggestions on how to make it better. The Downtown market in any city, does warrant for some traffic noise, although, the City will be implementing the Quiet Time Zone very soon.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you again.

All the best, '

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Spent 2 nights at this hotel in downtown Boca Raton on business. First, the facility is nice and new. I had a 1 bedroom suite. It was large and functional The odd thing was, the suite had a massive number of cabinets, a fridge and a microwave but no dishes and and silverware. So, why have a kitchen? The parking is very wierd and it needs to be clearly explained on the website. Address and garage entrance are on different streets--should this be mentioned under parking for new guests? It was very confusing. I found the staff so-so. Maybe they have become numbed by the loudness and bossiness of the many New York area visitors (full disclosure--I am a NYer, and I know my peeps). I found answers to my questions about parking, breakfast and check out curt and surly.

I also needed to have a one on one meeting with a female attorney. A week before my arrival I phoned the head of the meetings/conference department to arrange a conference room--no return call. Upon check-in, I again inquired. The front desk person told me she would need to call me later with the info--she never called. In this age of #metoo, I was concerned being alone in a hotel room with a female professional and not in a formal meeting room. Luckily, the suite had a conference table. I just wonder how a conference/sales supervisor cannot return calls. Isn't that their job?

Breakfast is included but it is not very good. Eggs taste military grade and pancakes/waffle choices were dried out. Bagels are the boring frozen variety. The bright sides, it was fee. now the food you paid for was very good. We had a cheeseburger and club sandwich at night--not expensive and very good. Pool is decnt sized and nice, but like any weekend stay--populated by unruly children and disinterested parents.

This hotel is good to stay at for local business but there are better a properties nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Greetings WaupacaTraveller!

Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Boca Raton Downtown! On behalf of the team and myself, please accept apologies in regards to you finding our staff so -so. Typically this is not the case as we strive to deliver an amazing product while exuding wonderful service. I am the Director of Sales and apologize for the lack of call, perhaps my team did not get your message, did you call direct to the sales office? Certainly, we could of offered something to you pending our availability, maybe even the sun room in our Gallery would of worked. In any regards, all has been addressed and are very sorry that you received less than a memorable experience.

The breakfast is that of a standard with Hyatt, not much variation can be considered, however, always welcoming feedback and encouraging you to let Hyatt know directly as they care for people so they can be their best and will take suggestions.

We do hope that you will come and see us again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Combined a business trip of three nights and tacked on a couple extra nights for an extended weekend with the wife. Absolutely fantastic experience all around! Clean and modern all the way through the hotel. Great location with tons of great dining closeby and a very short walk to a great beach. Room was clean and modern. Overall a fantastic hotel with really great employees!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Greetings sethb546!

Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Boca Raton Downtown! On Behalf of the team and myself, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our location. Our team takes great pride in delivering service so memorable and caring for people so they can be their best. We do hope that you will come back and see us again in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This hotel is quite nice; good sized rooms, very good location in downtown Boca Raton. Lots of shops and restaurants. Hotel staff is pleasant. However, housekeeping is atrocious. Twice we haven't had service. Once at 5:30 pm, I complained and then had to wait for service. Yesterday, getting back at 5:45 pm, once again without service, I just asked the maid for a change of towels. Even when we have had service, normal tasks have not been done. Once the maid forgot to empty the trash. Another time, our coffee supply was not replenished. I've had to request that the maid vacuum the room. ????? Shouldn't this be just part of their jobs? Are they underpaid? Understaffed? Or does management just not care? Whatever the reason, they are making the hotel experience just very mediocre, when it could much, much better.

Last evening, we had to evacuate for a fire alert. After just a few minutes in the lobby, we were told that we could return to our rooms. I expected a note under the door from the general manager explaining what happened, with an apology. Nothing. When l asked at the front desk this morning, I was told it was just "false alarm". Why not let people know what happened?

This could be a very nice A rated hotel. Management just needs to care!

Room tip: End of the hallway, facing away from US 1.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattyanddick

Greetings pattyanddick!

Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Boca Raton Downtown! On behalf of the team and myself, we are pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant and accommodating. Please accept sincere apologies in regards to the Housekeeping you received. This is not something of the norm at our hotel. At Hyatt we do care for people so they can be their best. All issues have been addressed with my General Manager so that we can better assist our guests. Although one can never anticipate a fire alarm, nonetheless, a false fire alarm, you are correct, in the fact that our staff should have communicated to our guests that it was a false alarm. Again, apologies for this situation.

Thank you for your feedback. This truly does assist our team in correcting concerns. Hope to see you again.

All the best, Audra