“Great Dinner, Come Hungry!”

Bucktooth Rooster Eatery
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Big Pine Key
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I stayed on Big Pine and was looking for a place that was open later in the evening and stumbled upon Bucktooth Rooster. I was in the mood for seafood and was happy to see they had conch fritters and a variety of seafood items. Their fritters were a great appetizer, for my main meal I ordered the Fresh Catch Sandwich. The sandwich was amazing. It consisted of a whole fillet, I could have easily made two sandwiches with it. The taste of the batter was phenomenal, definitely two thumbs up! My girlfriend ordered the seafood quesadilla and that was very good as well. The atmosphere was cozy and the service was good. I highly recommend coming here, but come hungry because the portions are huge!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have visited Bucktooth Rooster at least 7 times in the last 3 months. The food is delicious and the portions are huge. We have thoroughly enjoyed every dish we've ordered. This is a favorite for sure and worth the drive up from Key West.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We are locals and looked forward to trying the Rooster for the first time. Cute atmosphere, great service, but we mistakenly ordered the crunchy snapper. sandwich. The coating was tasty, but the fish was translucent and rubbery. We sent it back and the server was very nice about it. Instead we chose grilled snapper and it was a small, tasteless portion. French fries had no flavor and the cole slaw was boring. I took exception to being told that the crunchy snapper was prepared correctly. Nope snapper should be flaky and white. That being said the sandwiches looked great and I would try the restaurant again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Didn't know this restaurant existed until we happened upon it. It had a menu the size of a newspaper with lots of interesting combos listed. We had the lobster salad roll that came with homemade french fries and a side of fruit. It was huge! And delicious! Can't wait to take others there. Friendly staff too.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The menu is as diverse as Cheesecake Factory but the difference is that the food is actually good. Really good! Portions are enormous.