“Chicken can't be beat”

Add it.
Piree's Piri Piri Chicken
Ranked #112 of 606 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 29 November 2017

Excellent local place. Chicken here is the most flavorful you'll get. They've got a variety of 7 different marinades / sauces to try. Reasonable prices and extremely friendly owners / management. Portion sizes are not massive, but what it lacks in quantity you get in quality. Convenient location with plenty of parking. Well worth the try if you have not ventured in yet!

Also: Wednesdays are Hot Wing Challenge days. If you can endure 10 of the hottest in 5 minutes, you win a Piree's shirt.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I guess that sounds stupid, to not go to a restaurant because of its name. Honestly,
it was hard to know what the restaurant was, and since there are so many choices in my area, it didn't mean enough to me to find out.
I over heard a co-worker talking about the BEST chicken in the area, and he was referring to Piree Piri Piri. He was raving about this place and said he and his wife go there a few times a month.
My husband and I wanted to go to a Grand Opening of another restaurant in the same shopping center, and since the line was out the door, we decided to give Piree a try it that night.
You order and they bring your order to you. The gal who was about to take our order asked if we had been there before, and since the answer was NO, she took us to our seat and presented us with the menu. She explained how 'chicken' works, you can choose different favors or marinades on the chicken. Then you select what meal you want with that flavor chicken. All their chicken has no breading on it, so right there makes it healthier then other places.
I ordered a custom wrap, which was delicious, and my husband ordered the nachos. My husband was a bit disappointed with his nachos because he felt it didn't have enough cheese on it. I reminded him, this was NOT bar food. If he orders that again, I will remind him to ask for more cheese.
Everything was very FRESH, and flavors of the chicken were really wonderful. I got the mango lime, DELICIOUS!
They also serve beer and wine. Service was excellent and friendly. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

WE have always had a good experience at Pirees. Being a family with a mix of dietary preferences, Pirees has ample choice for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. I enjoy ALL the chicken dishes are great, but my family really enjoys the paneer or tofu. The paneer is fresh and very tasty. The sweet potato fries are delicious. Great place for dinner in the Pike Creek/Hockessin area.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

The star of the restaurant, chicken, is pretty good. The marinade was great and the heat/spiciness rating on the menu seemed spot on. The sides were pretty bland, however (tried the basmati rice and sweet potato fries).

The portions are a bit on the small side. My wife and I both ordered the chicken breast with one side, and we were both still a bit hungry afterwards. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $1 for the second side.

The seating and ordering process needs some rethinking. If you're dining in, you'll be seated by someone. As soon as you sit down you're given menus and then told you have to go back to the front of the restaurant to place your order. OK. So you walk up and someone takes your order like at a fast food restaurant. You give them your table number and then you sit down again. But wait. There's no silverware or napkins. So you get up again to grab that from a self-service station. This restaurant seems confused between being a sit down restaurant or a counter service restaurant. Please make it one or the other; not both. The whole experience feels confused.

Regardless of the strange ordering experience, the staff are all super friendly.

1  Thank skidadil
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

The food is great. Not only are there several true vegetarian options, but the when the staff explains the food/restaurant concept, they tell you that the vegetarian food is cooked on a separate grill with separate utensils. This is very impressive and let's me know that they take this seriously. The lemon herb, mango & lime, and hot sauces are delicious. The staff was attentive and service was great. Spread the word - this place is worth the visit even in a not-so-frequented location. Oh, and they serve beer and wine, a big plus!