“Wow! I envy the locals.”
Review of Goat

Goat
Ranked #30 of 606 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 21 June 2018

If Goat were near where I live, I would go there at least once a week. I'll have to settle for trekking there every couple of months. The variety of items on the menu and the freshly prepared ingredients are impressive. Can't remember the name of the cocktail I tried but it included gin and thyme and was delicious. They must experiment with new potent potables because it's not listed on the web menu.
Started with House Salsa and then had the Korean BBQ Double Fried Chicken sandwich. Yum! Too full for dessert. The service was so good it was almost too much. The gentleman checked on us more than I've ever experienced anywhere else. I will definitely return.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank SusanD1212

Reviewed 15 June 2018

What a delicious meal ... fried green tomatoes, bahn mi sandwich, shrimp and grits ... all beautifully done and perfectly seasoned. Problem is I don't know if i'll ever go back. The service was atrocious from the moment we sat down (the hostess was pleasant and accommodating). The server barely let our tails hit the seat before asking, "What can I get you to drink?" and things only got worse from there. She only took our orders after I flagged her down to do so, she didn't ask how our meal was until we were at least 15 minutes into our entree, one entree that was delivered was incorrect and the hostess apologized for the mistake, not the server and then when the bill arrived it had an extra entree listed that we hadn't ordered at all. I'd normally chalk up the rudeness and poor service as someone having a bad day but my wife and i both observed our server being perfectly pleasant and friendly with other patrons so she apparently had an issue with us. I have two regrets on the night: 1) not saying something to our server while we were still in the restaurant and 2) giving her the $20 tip on an $85 bill.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank pbs066
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

While visiting friends and former business colleagues for the second time in two years after moving from the US, I had the great pleasure of dining here for lunch. Patrick was our very capable and attentive server for two hours while we enjoyed appetizers and main courses, ranging from fried green tomatoes to burgers to a unique and tasty jerk Chicken Caesar salad. The restaurant has a bar, is spacious for large parties and has ample free parking. Their efforts warrant many return visits! Highly Recommended!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank 1francophile
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and wonderful, attentive service. Thumbs up! My wife and I dined here because someone had given us a gift card ; we were very satisfied and will return. We loved it!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

My husband has been begging me to go to brunch here for at least 2 years. I am not a brunch person at all but I finally relented when we both had a Sunday off, which is a rarity for me. My husband got the beermosa & the Austin Benedict, he said that they were both fantastic. I got the Big Jake burrito. It was really good, however I wish that it could have been picked up instead of having to use a knife and fork. Also the cold salsa verde was delicious but it was smothered on the burrito so it made it get cold faster than I would have liked. Overall though a slightly hidden gem where you can get a good size meal for an affordable price.

Date of visit: April 2018