“Great Vegan & Vegetarian food ”
Review of Drop Squad Kitchen

Drop Squad Kitchen
Ranked #66 of 566 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We went here the last 2 days in Wilmington Delaware.We were looking for some healthy non-chain place to eat.Which here is very hard to find.Had to search a bit for it when we went to the waterfront mall,it's in back.But the Vegan Lasagna and Vegan Chili beans were great.I haven't tried the Vegan tacos I hear they are wonderful.We also had the dairy free shake as well as some vegan cake .Yummy.... There are also some dairy ice creams and shakes for those who want it.They also have some good gluten free options.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

I've been wanting to come to DSK for awhile, but its about a hour drive for me. Today, I made the venture out to visit this highly rated and loved vegan restaurant.

Its located on the Riverwalk, which is a strip mall of restaurants located right along the river in Wilmington. They have a huge parking lot and you walk around "the back" towards the river, and they are located in the "Molly's IceCream" shop. I found out that Molly's was owned by the same family previously, but they are switching over to just Drop Squad Kitchen in its place. It is a small family owned vegan restaurant now with a small ice cream counter off towards the back that has regular ice-cream, but the entire restaurant is 100% vegan.

The inside is beautifully decorated and has a really special vibe and positive energy. I was greeted by a friendly man at the register, where he prompted me to order up there and have a seat where ever I pleased. He was very welcoming. He explained they make everything fresh so it might be about 10 minutes- not bad for home cooked meal!

I got the V-steak (vegan cheesesteak) and their baked mac and cheese. I was surprised by how cheap their prices where for a vegan place, it came to about $17.00 for lunch.

The cheesesteak was hands down, the best vegan cheesesteak I have ever had. I have been to tons of vegan places and they really nailed it on the head here. The sandwich was large (enough for leftovers) with generous amounts of their house made vegan meat which was cooked to almost a perfect crisp but fried up nice with cheese and veggies. The sandwich roll was fresh, and delicious.

The baked mac and cheese came out in a pleasant presentation in a ceramic bowl with a oven mit because it just came out of the oven. The cheese sauce they use blew me away how much it tasted like real cheese, and even had a nice baked crispy layer on top you have to dig threw and get to the melty part.

They have a nice counter of vegan desserts, and I picked out the vanilla cookie dough cupcake to go, which the lady was friendly enough to offer me their "sale cupcakes" which are a day older but half the price. I got one of those, which was just as wonderful as the lunch I had. Moist, sweet, and wonderful vegan frosting- YUM.

I am a new fan and addict to DSK. They make delicious vegan food, at a decent price, and make you feel like family when dining there. I will be back, and the hour drive is way worth it because really good, vegan food is hard to come by. DSK is great, you have to visit, you wont be let down.

2  Thank Hgtravl
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Food was great. They also have a nice ice cream and frozen yogurt selection. Friendly staff very welcoming.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

We go to Drop Squad Kitchen at least once a week. We are never disappointed. Great service, friendly atmosphere and incredible food!!

1  Thank Paula P
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I was greeted by everyone in the shop who enthusiastically told me I was in the right place. Everything about the shop says "ice cream parlour" with no regular meal things in site. But what they prepare in the back and bring out is fantastic!

The Deity salad: the kale was finely chopped and tossed in dressing, making every bite flavorful and delicious!

I also got a cookie dough cupcake, which was amazing. The cake was dense with actual cookie dough in the center! The icing is clearly a homemade recipe and it blew my mind. The perfect level of sweet and totally smooth; it felt velvety on my lips! Not buttercream, not whipped, I have no idea what it is except AMAZING. Made the $5 (admittedly a lot for a normal size cupcake) totally worth it.

The shop decor has old-timey items and there are books and board games for guests to enjoy. The music was upbeat indy-pop, to which one of the workers enthusiastically danced to! Great energy in the whole place.