“Not Quite NY, But Good for Newport”

Dom's NY Style Pizzeria
Ranked #184 of 606 Restaurants in Wilmington
Description: We are open seven days a week open until midnight or later. We have a friendly staff waiting to serve you! We do offer a full menu and bar. All of our ingredients are fresh and food made in house to order. Dom is from NY born and raised! Come try our NY style pizza!
Reviewed 21 July 2016

So what is NY style pizza? Thin crust pizza, large slices that you can fold, and high quality ingredients I would guess. While a pizza or any food benefits from having high quality, fresh ingredients, trying to come close to NY style can be a challenge.

Dom's is pretty good. I wouldn't say it's the best pizza I've ever tasted, but it'll satisfy my pizza craving. I'd rank it close to the top pizzerias in the area like Mazella's, Cafe Valentina's, and Cafe Napoli's. It also has quite a diverse menu that includes sandwiches, pasta dishes, and typical appetizers that you'd find in a pizza shop. They have a sit-down table service section and a quick drop-by area with tables. So you can go for a quick bite to eat, take out, or slow down and unwind with a glass of wine.

I went here with my family of four (two small children). I wouldn't say that they are deliberately kid-friendly, but the bartender/waiter tried his best to appeal to my sons. He engaged with them and also brought out paper and crayons to try to give them something to do. I appreciated that from him.

Overall, a good experience, but I'd say I'd have to try a few more items on the menu to give it a more accurate rating.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Always loved the pizza and other offerings but the last time we were here the waitress totally forgot my dinner order and she only seemed interested in flirting with the male customers and staff. She couldn't remember my husband's pizza order which he repeated 5 times. We will not be going back.

Date of visit: April 2016
2  Thank pattiD505
Dominick F, Owner at Dom's NY Style Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

OH no ! We are sorry for your bad experience! Please email us at dom@ilovedomspizza.com! We'd love to make this right!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Quick lunch option in Newport DE. Several varieties already made by 11 a.m. for $3 per slice. Quickly heated and good pizza, on par with Gallery Pizza a mile up the road in Stanton.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Living in the area, I've been a customer of Dom's since he took over the shop a few doors up from his current location!! Since moving into the new restaurant Dom has made the place the perfect spot for all of your food needs. The kitchen side of the restaurant has a small eat-in area which is great for grabbing a quick slice or two.

On the other side of the restaurant is a seating area with tables of 2 or 4 that can be easily combined for larger parties. There is also a bar with a dozen or so bar stools! There is a small back room that is slightly set apart from the main dining area and is great for larger parties.

As for the food, I can't say enough about it! I've had most of the menu and I've never been disappointed! Dom frequently updates the menu to keep up with requests and popular items, and I've never heard the kitchen staff say no to any request!

It is not uncommon to see Dom in the kitchen, behind the bar, or walking around the restaurant making sure that everything is up to his standards! He always seems to make time to talk to the customers and always has a smile on his face!

The rest of Dom's staff seems to share his passion for the food and service at the restaurant and it shows in their customer service and the products that they serve!

Date of visit: January 2016

Thank you !!

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I visited Doms in November and I was amazed at the excellent flavor of the eggplant Parmesan and chicken Parmesan I would definitely recommend Doms to anyone who is looking for that authentic Italian flavor.

Date of visit: November 2015

Can't wait to see you again!