“A culinary highlight of our visit”
Review of La Fia

La Fia
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 590 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Street
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We discovered this gem while visiting friends in Wilmington - their suggestion. Service was great, and everyone was welcoming and friendly. The food and presentation were spot on. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

La Fia has been a top pick for me since it opened and have several business dinners there a year. Last night I took 4 out of town friends who had never been before and everyone loved it. For drinks, 4 out of 5 had the perfect margarita (and they were pretty perfect) and then wine. To start we ordered clam and bacon toast (yum!), calamari (average) and smoked salmon tartan (good).

Entrees, I had the Scallop Carbonara and it was awesome, better than I expected. The Bucatini ordered by my friend was my 2nd favorite. The Salmon and Risotto also got 2 big thumbs up. The only one that wasn't loved was the Lamb, the presentation was great but it was served very rare, however, they took it back to sear it another minute but it just wasn't well received by my lamb loving, Greek friend.

Desserts - this was the best part! They don't have the dessert menu posted online so I can't remember the names but one was a butterscotch pudding or something along those lines and it was delicious. And the tiramisu was excellent too.

I am happy to see La Fia still producing great meals and service since opening Merchant Bar and Hearth. I was concerned it might be a little neglected but they've done a terrific job managing all of them and it's just as great as it's always been.

1  Thank mbeck_hokie
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

The food and drinks were awesome! I ate the Creole shrimp and grits which was amazing. The ambience was good and the waitress, was extremely polite and knowledgeable. I would go there again and again and again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is my favorite place for a nice lunch downtown. It is very convenient to the courthouse, but you will need a reservation for a larger group, particularly mid-day.

Also, the cocktails are awesome.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

La Fia is the place to go if you’re near the Wilmington train station. The food and wine are always good, and the cocktails are also quite nice. I like the Merchant, a rye drink named after the eponymous sister-tavern across Market Street.
The lamb chops are amazing, as is the veal shoulder with bone morrow. All the pastas are good, especially the one (maybe actually it’s risotto?) with fresh local mushrooms. The menu is limited, but everything on it is quite nice.
The ball is small, so I’ve had to wait for my table a couple of times in the gourmet store front you enter from. Not a huge deal.
Definitely worth a visit when in Wilmington.

1  Thank Chris L