“Great Place”

Angelo's Luncheonette
Ranked #81 of 566 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Every time I'm in town I come here. Great place, great owner, great food, great LOCAL environment. I'm sitting here with a bunch of locals. Doctors, lawyers, judges, - OK no indian chief. Food perfectly done to order. No IHOP kind of thing here.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped for lunch nearby to Nemours. What a fun place. Full of Elvis memorabilia so felt comfortable given my Memphis roots. Had a sausage and pepper sub. Delicious. 12 inch was more than big enough to split along with French fries with Old Bay seasoning. Server also made me a great Arnold Palmer with fresh made lemonade. We'd eat there again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

All was missing was Ralph Mouth, Potsie and Richie. Great place for someone who enjoys diner food. This place is leftover from the 50's. Could be a working diner museum. Super nice place for people who enjoy the old days.
Not many of these city corner diners around. WELL WELL worth the trip. Food was good, not expensive. Staff super nice and pretty nice to look at. Tables, booths or counter seating. Street parking. City foot traffic and the locals eat here.
Cash only & they do have take out for on the go. So stop in and say hello to Angelo.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Angelo's is a cash only, (they have an ATM at the restaurant) neighborhood eatery, open for breakfast and lunch. It's been in business since 1967! You can either sit on a stool at the counter or at one of the three vinyl booths. They have a cool, antique cash register, circa 1958, that they use every day. The owner must like Elvis Presley because his face is on the walls in various mediums.

Their special of the day was french toast and bacon for $5.95. I ordered two eggs up, hand cut home fries with onions, rye toast, and an order of scrapple, which consisted of two large, flat pieces. Everything was tasty and seasoned well. My scrapple was cooked to perfection and just the way I like it, thin and crunchy. My husband had a tomato, mushroom, bell pepper, and cheddar cheese omelette. The omelette looked well done, but my husband said it was very good. He also had a chicken salad sandwich with lettuce and tomato on wheat toast. He said that was good too. We shared a Joe's ginseng green tea, which was one of the best bottled teas I've ever had. The service was prompt and friendly. The sign above the door says, Come in as strangers, leave as friends. For the three entrees and two drinks the bill was $28.95. I'll be back to try a burger, fries, and a shake.

1  Thank micassileo
Reviewed 22 January 2016

A friend suggested we stop for coffee one morning and I did end up ordering toast and home fries (too long on the grill to my taste). The people there are super friendly and helpful. I am doing research on a B & O train station that used to be nearby and they gave me names and phone numbers of two people who could help me.Very 50's atmosphere and just "good folks."