“I WISH YOU AN UBON!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My family and I have been going to UBon's for years, and I did not realize that I have never written a review. Well, that ends today.

UBon's is a family owned business that mixes Thai food with a contemporary flair. It's more than food, it is an experience.

On Sunday, for my daughter's college graduation, we made reservations for a party of 20, at 1pm. I received a call stating that they didn't open on Sundays 4pm. I explained how much we loved the restaurant and the occasion. I received a call back stating that they would open for my daughter's celebration! I was so grateful and excited.

Upon our arrival on Sunday, our area was beautiful and prepared for our large party. For our appetizer order we selected Yai's Signature Rolls, Momochas, and Thai Guy's Wings. For our main course, we ordered Gaeng Garee (WHICH HAD ME SPEECHLESS!), lobster fried rice, Pad Thai, Pad See Ew, and Kweitel Pad Khi Mao! These dishes were cooked to perfection and bursting with distinct Thai flavors!

They have live music every Wednesday and Sunday, and offer an outstanding happy hour Tuesday through Sunday! Yes, SUNDAYS!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We ordered from the lunch menu on a weekday, which as is typical for most restaurants at lunch, a set of select dishes from a larger menu with smaller sizes (and prices) than you would get for dinner portion. The waitress was very friendly and the food was ok. My portion of the Green Curry chicken seemed very small, as there was barely any chicken in it and even very few vegetables. The flavor was good, not great but nothing that wowed me. Overall I was not impressed.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Visited here with a friend on a Wednesday evening because they had live music at dinner. When we arrived the happy hour was in full swing but the dining area was empty. We were seated right away but the table was wobbly and this annoyed me a great deal. However, it seemed that other tables had the same issue so moving was probably not going to be beneficial anyway. We ordered and the music started. People started to arrive after a while and the place got noisy and busy. Sadly, the sound system was really terrible, as I could not hear what the guy who was playing the trumpet was saying into the microphone. Food arrived and it was very tasty. Spice level was only a 1, but it had enough heat for me. Our server disappeared after a while and we had to ask two people for assistance at one point. She seemed to be working both the dining and bar areas. The musicians were actually quite good. I would like to give Ubon another shot on a different night when they have music.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped in again on a Friday evening and opted to sit in the bar area. It was fairly busy, including outdoor seating. Took a bit for us to get menus but once we did, our server, Ty, who was tending bar, was really pleasant and attentive. He recommended some interesting cocktails that we enjoyed.

The Yai Roll is a favorite so we ordered that as well as some wings; both were great. The wings were meaty and tender and the spice level was perfect. Also enjoyed a yellow curry and the pad thai. Had plenty left to bring home and enjoy the next day.

This is a good spot if you are not on a schedule. It's better to go if you don't have a deadline to be somewhere because it can be slow at times. We had a fair wait for our entrees but the service and enjoyable cocktails helped to overlook a slow kitchen.

We've been here numerous times and always enjoy the food. The Yai Roll is worth a visit.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We went for the hand made to order noodles. Everything was good but our server was horrible. She even had the nerve to ask for a bigger tip. It's mostly family that works there from their country so I'm sure she gets a part of the net. They need to train on how to treat customers.