“Lunch”

Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen
Ranked #67 of 292 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent lunch - awesome corned beef sandwich with cole slaw & Russian dressing with onion rings. Great lunch spot, fast & good service!

1  Thank edkrause2

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Just a few quirks of mine keep me from giving a five.
Quirk #1 Very difficult to get in and out of parking lot.
The facility is new and well designed and maintained.
Staff was exceptionally helpful and genuinely nice.
I got a huge corned beef sandwich and knish.
Almost heaven but for three quirks
Quirk # 2 the Rye bread was sliced a little to thick. I understand that when sandwiches are as big as they are you need bread with girth. But for my taste just to thick.
Quirk # 3 Jewish deli meat especially corned beef should be sliced very thin.this very tasty sandwich was way to thick.
Quirk # 4 the back grill...if you are going for the Jewish deli theme dont give me a sandwich that had just had bacon on it. Let me be clear it was Turkey Bacon..but The smell permeated my knish. Blah . I know that it isn't a kosher deli but Jewish deli but that was a big let down. Again it was turkey bacon .
The menu was deep with delicious offering .I can't wait to go back and enjoy.

1  Thank Robert P
Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Even though I can't change the parking lot (park in the rear of the building next time), or the bread (it comes pre-sliced from Atlantic City every morning), I'm confident that we'll be able to change you to a 5-star reviewer next time. Ask for your meat to be very thinly sliced next time; we'll slice it to order. Thanks for all of the nice comments about the staff and the food. We greatly enjoyed serving you and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Just bought a place in Long Neck. Found this treasure that just opened and it is fantastic! The roast beef is to die for! Just make sure when your order it to say you want it hot or cold if you don't it comes hot. No problem they took it back with no problem. Love this deli. Took our family her too when they came down and they loved it too!

Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thanks!! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Came in with family members, we have been here a time or two before. Had a fantastic server the last time. That made the visit wonderful. Anyway, this is what happened the other day. Our server walks over, after we had been sitting about 10 minutes and says what can I start you with? Not hello, how are you, nothing. She comes back with our drinks and takes our order. She is in a huge hurry. Onto the next person before the previous person is done talking. Every time she walked to the back, she was on her phone and eating. As I looked over at the deli part of the restaurant, where the other employees are standing, I see 2 employees kissing - a man was kissing the woman's gloved hand- did she change her gloves with the next customer? No. Then you can see behind the glass where they prepare your food. Every single one of the 4 people behind the glass was eating and talking while they were making food. It is absolutely disgusting and probably against board of health regulations. The food is good, but our server forgot 2 things and we couldn't get her attention CAUSE SHE WAS ON HER PHONE! Everyone at our table worked in a restaurant. We know how hard it is sometimes to be a server but I will tell you we were never allowed on the phone for good reason. As we were leaving without getting dessert, which we all planned on (but the cleanliness comes into play) I saw one of the workers reach his ungloved hand into the pickle barrel. There are tongs sitting right there but this is the overriding thought process in that restaurant. Many, many great restaurants we actually passed to get there cause we wanted pastrami or some good sandwiches but never again. Hope that the owner or mgr takes this review and thinks about what I have said.

1  Thank jerseygirl047
Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

I've been out of town and was at the time of your visit. I'll take care of all of your issues and concerns. Thank you for your review. It is much appreciated and those violating our policies will be terminated. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Overall very good. Misses Mark compared to real, NY Deli on a few things. Chopped liver was frozen in the middle. Matzo ball soup ok but not as good as I've had. Pastrami and Corned beef Rubens very good. No chocolate Eggcream, they only had vanilla. Cream soda, Doc Browns excellent but in a can so can't go wrong. Pickles decent, would have liked some "new" pickles too.
Good to satisfy craving for NY Deli food.

1  Thank Toritwo
Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad that you enjoyed it overall. We enjoyed serving you and look forward to your next visit. Thanks so much for giving us a try. If we satisfied at all your NYC deli craving, then mission accomplished!