All reviews olive grill room was clean first floor an older hotel free breakfast overnight stay desk clerk delaware courtyard university
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Awful hotel - bugs crawling around in the room and room we stayed in smells bad. Carpet stained and bathroom very outdated...it is after all a 3 star hotel but bugs crawling around us u acceptable no matter how many stars.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry p
Paul R, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

I am very sorry to hear that you had an issue during your stay with us. We do take great care to make sure that our rooms are clean and well maintained and have let housekeeping know of your comments. I also agree that it is unacceptable to have any bugs in the room and we have notified our service of your comments. I appreciate your letting us know where we can improve and we will endeavor to improve our diligence. I hope that you will return to notice improvement.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight on our way to visit family and to attend the University of Delaware alumni weekend. This hotel did not disappoint. Service was excellent, the room was immaculate, and breakfast was great!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Paul R, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you so very much for your kind comments!

Reviewed 26 May 2018

The red headed lady at the front desk made my wedding week amazing she was my life saver, keep up the GREAT WORK LOVE YOU GIRL THIS HOTEL WILL MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR AT HOME. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING....

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paul R, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

We are so glad that we helped make your special day a wonderful memory. This is what makes our jobs fulfilling, that we get a chance to create smiles. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

So, I went to Newark, DE to get away for the weekend. The property was clean and very nice. Now, we typically prefer a 4 or 5 star hotel when we are doing a weekend get-away, but we decided to give this property a chance. We made a great freakin choice!!!

First, the front desk staff led by Michael, the GM, was outstandingly friendly. Michael also doubled as our personal concierge. Every recommendation he made was right on point! We enjoyed Christiana Mall, but based on his recommendation we went to the New Castle Farmers Market. It was bananas!!! So many people, shops, and good food. Thanks Michael and Juan (you recommended the cheese-steak place) for looking out!!!

Now, we did have an issue with the AC going out in our room around 11pm, and the hotel was completely full. So we had a slighlty uncomfortable night, but the next day, Kenny in Maintenance more than made up for up. He got our room switched, moved our gear, and checked on us over and over again to ensure we were satisfied!

For dining, we ate at the Olive Grill (on-premises) the first night, since we got there so late. Lala, and Dan were just a pleasure to hang out with, and the service was awesome. So, we ate there again the next night too! I highly recommend ordering the Italian dressing on your salad. It was the best house-made Italian Dressing I have ever eaten. The Chicken Parmesan was awesome, and the Tuscan Chicken was sinfully good (its Italian-fried chicken), but I ordered it and loved every bite. The burgers there are good too!!! They have outstanding specials for Ramada guests, please check into it, and the prices are very reasonable.

All in all, I would definitely go back to this property, and make sure to hang out with Lala, Dan in The Olive Grille, then check out the other sites in the Newark, DE area. I will be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We are very proud that our staff truly believe in making our guests happy and satisfied during their visit with us. Our apologies that there was a mechanical issue with the air conditioning, but we are very happy that Kenney was able to take care of the situation. We look forward to your next visit!

From our entire staff, Thank You!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I was charged 3 times for my stay, at random dates long after the stay.

Numerous overseas calls with different people, still no progress, no money back.

Last time was today when I called about the issue, they acted surprised as always that I still haven't received my money. They promised to call later today to solve the issue, well they didn't.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry you were unhappy with your stay. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience to your accounts. Ramada has recently did a credit card migration that would add more safety features for guest cards to avoid these types of issues. We are still currently working with the credit card analyst and we have launched an investigation for any guest that have seen a double posting. We take accountability and have made this one of our top priorities to resolve this for our guest. Your continued patience is valued. Please come and stay with us again We can assure you that all billing issues will not happen again.