“Excellent for frequent business traveler! +++ Cust. Svc & Value +++”

Ramada Newark/Wilmington
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I would definitely stay here again for a long-term work assignment or for pleasure. Excellent customer service by Michelle at the front desk and Steve, housekeeping manager. The GM, Indy, is personable and is on site frequently to ensure his guests are satisfied.
I stayed here for 4 nights every week for 6 weeks, had co-workers stay here as well and the hotel really distinguishes itself by its superb customer service. Each room has a mini-frig and microwave, essential for the road warrior. Some rooms have both interior and exterior access, great and unique feature. Can't say enough about the value I received for my extended stay.

Room Tip: I preferred 1st floor rooms that had both an interior and exterior doorway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephen G
ddistant62, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

We all at the 'RAMADA' enjoy to be of service to guests like you, and we appreciate the fact that you were happy staying with us. We would like to thank you for your appreciative comments and would love to have you back anytime. Take care.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

the front desk was very helpful to me and my family housekeeping did a good job of keeping the room clean with freash sheets and towels

Room Tip: this is one of the best hotels my family and I have stayed at it is close to shopping areas
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DJ J
ddistant62, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

We appreciate the fact that you liked our Hotel, and that our facility met your expectations. We at the RAMADA would like to extend our thanks and have you back at our property the next time you are in the area. Thank you very much - take care.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

While returning from a family vacation we used the Ramada Newark/Wilmington as a rest stop for the night. The hotel is an easy to access the 95 with lots of choices for eating near by the hotel which is great when travelling. Upon check in every person we encountered was very friendly, from the woman working the front desk at check in time to the woman looking after the breakfast area the next morning. Even the staff in the Olive Grill attached to the lobby was friendly to us weary from a long days' drive.

The lobby and rooms are clean and well maintained. I'm not sure if the rooms are being updated or renovated in stages but everything was in good condition and clean. I wonder about renovations because the bathroom seemed to a bit odd, very nice counter/sink area and lovely stone around the shower but a very industrial toilet and old tired door in the bathroom kind of threw the look of the bathroom off. It was nice to have a mini fridge, coffee pot and microwave in the room.

The beds were a bit hard for my personal taste but pillows were good and it still provided a good night sleep. The rest of the room was standard with a desk area and flat screen tv rounded out the room. We asked the front desk from some extra blankets which they provided without any issue or push back.

The hotel does have a place to eat off the lobby called the Olive Grill that provided an excellent choice of menu. As well the breakfast area was large and very clean offering the standard choices of waffles, eggs, sausage to go along with the normal breakfast choices at any hotel.

Overall I recommend this place if you need a room for the night while on the road. The firmness of the beds kept me from giving a full 5 stars but the staff were really great the night we stayed here offering a friendly smile and how are you today every time they saw you around the property. Too bad they do not have an indoor pool as well which is good for family's trying to keep young kids entertained when on the road.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pweb44
ddistant62, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Though we strive hard to satisfy all your needs at all times we could overlook a few areas, but feedback and comments from guests like yourself always help us do better. We promise to make your next stay even better. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

From the moment I arrived to check in until I was leaving, I was always greeted with a friendly smile at the front desk; while there on business- usually at the end of my work day I received a "how was your day?". The housekeeping was top-notch and if I needed anything, it was there in minutes. Also very clean. I loved having a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in my room. The fitness room was always available and clean with fresh water machine at my disposal while in there. The restaurant on site had terrific food with very nice wait-staff to serve you meals and drinks. I also enjoyed a glass of wine in the lounge and the bartender was very kind. I really felt like they wanted to serve me the entire two weeks I stayed here and not once did I feel like I was asking too much. I felt as if they really appreciated my being there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PattiW19945
ddistant62, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

We always do whatever it takes to keep our guests happy and to make their stay memorable. Thank you very much for appreciating our efforts to do so and going the extra mile to post your views. We shall try harder to make your stay even better and would love to have you stay with us whenever you are in our area. We all at the 'RAMADA' thank you again.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

My son and new daughter in law celebrated their wedding reception at this Ramada and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely!!! We had the ballroom for SIX hours and the service was spectacular. Planning the event went smoothly and the rooms were wonderful. The discount on the rooms was generous. The event was held on New Year's Eve and we could not have made a better choice. I was impressed with the lower level room having a door that opens directly into the Court Yard where had it been summer we could have taken a swim.

Room Tip: You want a room on the first floor if it is summer.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
ddistant62, General Manager at Ramada Newark/Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

We are very happy to know that we were able to provide & satisfy your needs and that you found our amenities & hospitality up to your expectations and standards, and we promise to keep that up in the future! We sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff extends their best wishes and thanks to all of your family members and friends. Thank you again.