TownePlace Suites Wilmington Newark/Christiana
Comfort Inn and Suites(Newark)(Great Value!)
USD 96
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 107/night.

USD 130
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 146/night.

USD 138
Homewood
USD 148
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 164/night.

USD 161
Courtyard
USD 116
Courtyard
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 147/night.

USD 138
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 157/night.

USD 130
USD 120
USD 137
Hampton.com
Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington(Newark)(Great Value!)
USD 78
USD 75
Priceline
All reviewschristiana mallfull kitchenking bedthe bed was super comfortablevirginia beachhot breakfastyogurtwould stay here againnight's sleepfirst floorplenty of parkingkitchenettesupermarketdeskdelawarefairfieldhighway
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

On Jan. 4, 2018 - checked into the property for 53 days (long term stay)- Reserved the King Suite room 402, which was like a 1 bedroom apartment.

- That night, while steaming clothes in the living room area, I observed a baby MOUSE, run across the floor, from the AC unit to the TV stand. I immediately thought that I was tired, and praying for hallucinations, but low and behold, another (now 2) mouse, came running from the AC unit. My wife screamed and ran and hid in the bathroom, while I looked under the TV stand; as I had to get pics and video, because NO ONE would believe me. As I went to video, the babies mice see me, and start to make noise, which prompted a larger mouse with a baby behind, to run from the AC unit, to the area beneath of the couch. THAT’s 4 MICE!!!!!

At approximately 6:15 PM; I call downstairs to send someone up, to see for themselves. The front desk guy, whom was very nice, said that he was sending maintenance up; which after an hour never happened. (Later finding out, that was a lie, maintenance wasn’t onsite). I went downstairs to force him to call a manager for some type of resolution.

Because of 53 days worth of items, and on a strict budget, I could not immediately leave, meaning I had to trek everything out of this room into another, for a quick fix, and to get my wife out of the bathroom.

Fast forward to 1/5/18:
I receive a call from the front desk manager, David(who was a pleasure to work with, and tried to go above and beyond to assist; although the issue was out of his wheelhouse).

I go downstairs, show the pictures and video and speak to -
GENERAL MANAGER, DEBBIE (-----) (who is the worse GM I’ve ever encountered).

Here’s what David initially helped with: he comped the night stay, and booked me a room at the local Four Points Sheraton at the same rate. Sheraton is a Marriott member, if you didn’t know. Unfortunately, I went to the Sheraton and it was a standard King Room with a microwave and mini fridge. I wasn't ungrateful, I was just unsatisfied with paying the same price for a much smaller room; when there’s several Marriott properties in the area. Unfortunately, this was the only sister property he had connections with.

Because I was unsatisfied, which I feel was justified, DEBBIE decided to tell me, “We did what we had to do, we comped the room, and tried to get you a room close, it’s not our fault if you don’t like the size of the room. You can check out and find your own arrangements!” I was beyond patient and understanding the entire time, did not raise my voice, showed absolute discretion when guests were around, and overly polite to the staff; but, I’ve never felt so disrespected in my entire “Marriott life,” where because I was on travel for Business, I could not absolutely lose my mind. So, I made some more calls and made sure DEBBIE knew that she was out of line.

All in all, I advised David that I would be willing to commute a little further to be comfortable. Therefore, they were able to book me a similar stay, but in Philadelphia, PA. Which is 31 Miles away from The Towneplace in Newark, DE. It’s not even in the same state?! Traffic is crazy.

I also called Marriott Corporate, who unfortunately were less than helpful, as they advised the Towneplace is a franchise location and requires the location to handle their issues in-house.

I didn’t even receive apology Marriott points? Can you believe that? Sooooo... now I’m going to make sure they learn a valuable lesson; and I have plenty of pictures and video to prove it. I tried to be amicable.

If anyone from Towneplace would like to say that anything I’ve written is false, PLEASE be my guest. But, I guarantee that will not happen.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank Shateim M
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We try to stay here everytime we enroute to Virginia Beach. We're never disappointed and always have a good night's sleep. One small issue is the driveway to the hotel could be better marked as there is no signage at the entrance but the hotel is large enough to figure out where to go.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob D
10Debbie, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington Newark/Christiana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again when you travel through.
Have a wonderful holiday season.
Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The family was driving from NH to VA and stopped off for the night. Check-In was great and super friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They informed us where the outdoor pool was located and informed us of grocery stores and other retail stores close by. The pool area was relatively small but it did the job to cool us off. There were numerous sports teams and family reunion families staying at the hotel so it was busy. Breakfast the next morning was just what we needed to start our day and continue on the road. They had cereals, fruits, juices, eggs and meat selection. There were also plenty of coffee, tea and yogurt selections. Breakfast area was very clean. The room itself was very good size (King Bed Studio with a Sofabed) Perfect size for a family of 3. The noise level was at a minimum and the bed was super comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone driving through the area and to get a great nights rest. There are plenty of dining and shopping options right nearby,

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sullivan76
10Debbie, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington Newark/Christiana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you, I'm glad you had a great stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

great staff very friendly and helpful. rooms were fresh and clean . full kitchenette in room made are stay even better. front desk agents always spoke while we were walking through lobby and had smiles on their face

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
10Debbie, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington Newark/Christiana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Good morning,
Thank you for staying with us. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

In the area for business and so happy to have a full kitchen in my room. It feels like an apartment. The staff were very friendly. They offer hot breakfast daily and I was able to bring my dog with me.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
10Debbie, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington Newark/Christiana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us. Please come back and visit again.
Regards