“A great value!”

TownePlace Suites Wilmington Newark/Christiana
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here last Saturday night. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly! The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was plentiful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank MargiC

Reviewed 7 July 2011

The hotel quality is good, not very old but not very new. The rooms are quite large and the bed was comfortable and clean. In terms of cleanliness we have no regrets. The sheets are nice and white and spotless. The bathroom is very small and the shower head is quite weak at all settings. The amenities are very generic since its a two star hotel after all.

Everything was good until we went to sleep. Late at night, we heard our neighbor return to his room and we heard everything from the door opening to the shower turning on. This did not bother us because thats how hotels are but it was the next morning that got us upset. Since about 8am, all we heard was the door next to us continuously slam every two seconds. We do not understand why our neighbor would have to open his door so frequently. When we got up, we finally realize that the staff closet is next to us on the other side, around the corner of the elevator on the 4th floor. The housekeepers must've have been opening and closing the door to get stuff but...do they really next to SLAM the door every single time they close the door? Do they not realize there are guests sleeping next door? If you need to get stuff, could you just leave the door open instead of slamming the door open and close every couple of seconds? This woke us up but we were exhausted and eventually went back to sleep. Maybe they have cleaned all the rooms they needed to clean on the foor?

Overall the hotel is in good condition, it was just the housekeepers that need some training.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I travel frequently for work and I typically swear by the Marriott brand; however, my advice is to never stay at the TownPlace Suites in Newark, DE...ever. If nothing goes wrong while you are staying at the hotel, consider yourself lucky. But if something does go wrong, do not expect that anything will be done to resolve the situation.

If you experience an issue with the refridgerator/freezer maintaining acceptable temperature, expect to be told that no one is available to fix it and to figure it out yourself. Also, if your food goes bad or melts and the hotel offers to give you a credit for the items, expect that to be held against you and thrown in your face in the future.

If you experience an issue with items going missing from your hotel room and you contact the general manager, Susan Muzzi, expect to be completely dismissed and called a liar. A brand new container of salon conditioner went missing from my room (value of $31) and I contacted Susan for assistance. I did not accuse the specific maid that had been cleaning my room of theft - I stated the facts that my personal property was no longer in the hotel room. I was ultimately told that it was my problem and that no compensation would be provided. Also I was told that the woman cleaning my room was an African-American and that she wouldn't use this sort of product on her hair.

Odd.

Also, if you're an arachnephobe - do not stay here. In the course of two weeks there were several little creepy crawlers that snuck in the room. No reason to complain over pest control unless you can show proof of a carcass.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank belleza83
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Stayed for 5 nights. Clean, roomy, comfortable room. Stove top, microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge. Standard hot breakfast with powdered eggs, mystery sausage. Same offering every day. Good location with plenty of restaurants nearby. Only gripe is the exercise room which is like a closet. One tread mill, one elliptical, one bike, narrow and claustrophobic. Got a great rate (sub $100) through the company I was visiting. I heard a walkin get a quote of $130/night. There is no way I would pay that much for it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank hwkrdrvr
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Our room was large and very clean. I really liked the fact that the room was "freshened" everyday. New towels, empty garbage, straightened bed. Breakfast was nice with scrambled eggs & bacon/sausage, along with the usual bagels & cereal fare.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business