“I'll be back”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Millsboro, Delaware
“I'll be back”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Ocssionally I have reason to stay over night in Wilmington De. to visit with family. I always use the Red Roof Inn . The Rooms are clean and the outside grounds are well kept. The price is reasonable. There are other more expensive hotels real close butfor the money Red Roof gives me everything I need . I had a Non-Smoking room with a microwave, coffee pot Tv , refrigerator and even a safe which I did not need . Good value for the money..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Ultra06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Visiting family in area and recommended to stay here. I stayed 3 nights and thought it perfect. The staff were fabulous, kind, courteous and respectful. The downtown area is a short drive. restaurants and shopping close by. I loved that this place accommodated pets which adds to the convience to any travel. This isn't the Hyatt but for the value, pleasant, quiet and a clean place to stay I wouldn't hestiate to recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ladyhawke15
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I moved away from Delaware but still come back often to visit my friends and Fiance Luis. My Fiance and I were looking for a place to stay that would be like home but would still be affordable. The Red Roof Inn Wilmington was comfortable, affordable and the customer service received from Elise and Cheryl was EXCEPTIONAL!!! This will officially be our home away from home when we come to visit Delaware.

Luis Bultron and Joan Messina

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank joanbultron
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I rarely write reviews about hotels (in fact this is my 3rd review) but I definitely wanted to say something nice about the Red Roof in Newark DE. I was traveling for work and usually stay at Comfort Inn, but this time my company suggested the Red Roof and I figured I would check it out. I was happy with everything. I had a great price and a wonderful night's rest. The bed was extremely comfortable. I did need extra towels though and the girl at the front desk, Sheryl, was very helpful. She brought extra towels to me and was very pleasant. I had a 2nd floor room, which I had to climb stairs, but this was very worth it to me since the price was nice. Thank you Red Roof Inn - I will be back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank JessieNYC_11
Crystal River, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I had been traveling since 6 am and arrived at 7pm. The sign on the freeway said rooms from $39. So, I pulled in to this practically empty hotel. I ordered a room and she said that will be $69 plus tax. I said what about the $39 deal? She said that was the weekly rate and said she'd sell it to me for $59. I'm too tired to argue and find another place. She puts me on the 3rd floor. Red Roofs' email blast said they were giving away cake and bonus points for Fat Tuesday. They gave me a tiny sliver of cake not even enough to eat so I gave it to the birds. The room doesn't have a fridge, coffee maker, and it had so much pet deodorant smell in the room it made me sick. Also, I noticed that she charged me $1.50 to use a safe I didn't even ask for. The ice machine is on the bottom floor on the other end of the building. There was trash in the elevator. There where long black hairs in my bathtub. There was a hair barrette on the dresser. The room obviously had not been cleaned thoroughly. The night manager was extremely rude to me and I will never stay at another Red Roof Inn as long as I live.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business