“A must stay location”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Newark
Dacula, Georgia
“A must stay location”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This property is only two years old and is well maintained and beautifully equipped. We were traveling from Georgia to New York for my mother's funeral. As you can imagine, it was not a great time for us. The room was booked using my husband's points from one of his credit cards. There was a miss communication and they booked us for two queen beds instead of a mini-suite that included a pull-out sofa. We needed all available space as we have two teenage sons. We brought the problem to Jim's attention and he had an employee show us the suite and we were moved immediately without any problems. Jim's attention to detail helped us transition smoothly with the rest of our trip. We absolutely love this location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear Mary B:

Special thanks to you for such a wonderful review. We have great employees at our hotel that make our success possible. It is always great to hear how our employees have touched you, our Valued Guest. Should you be in the Newark area again in the future, we certainly invite you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This is the exact email I sent to the Manager at this hotel:

"I wanted to take a moment to express my great appreciation for your staff and facilities in Newark, DE. I work for the Culinary Institute of America, as an Admissions Officer. My territories are both DE and NJ. I am new to the world of travel, and living on the road. I tend to get very homesick, and want nothing more than to return home.

However, I checked in on Sunday (10/23) and stayed until yesterday (10/26), and I didn't want to leave. I felt at home in your hotel, and I can't express how much that means to me. Your staff are SO friendly, and caring. Breakfast was a delicious way to start my day, and so comfortable to eat in the dining area. My room was wonderful too. Very clean, and I felt very safe and secure. The location of the hotel is perfect too, so close to everywhere I needed to be. All these things are so important to me, especially because I am new to travel.

I can't say that I will remain in this career path for long, but I can definitely, with 100% assurance tell you that when I am in Delaware, I will always stay with you at the Holiday Inn Express. I felt sad knowing I had to move on to my next destination. I am hoping to be back in November.

Thank you again, and please know I hold your hotel in the highest esteem."

I think this says it all!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
hiesales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wilmington-Newark, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Dear MBD223:

Thank you for expressing your appreciation and for enjoying our hotel recently. We strive to satisfy every guest who walks through our doors. We realize that being away from home can be an unsettling time and we make every attempt to provide a soothing, comfortable and safe home away from home for those who choose to stay with us and become part of our family. We will see you again soon!
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I travel up and down I-95 and I-85 fairly frequently to visit our far-flung family members. Over the past few years we've stayed at a number of motels between Florida and Maine. The Newark/Wilmington area often turns out to be about right for our evening's stop. We had stayed at another nearby motel a couple of times, but noticed the high TripAdvisor rating for this one so decided to give it a try. Our second stay occurred this week, and this particular Holiday Inn Express has become, quite simply, one of our favorites. It's only two years old, which undoubtedly helps. Comfortable and quiet room, well laid out and slightly above average in size; clean, modern facilities; large work desk; a good reading chair with a lamp behind it (very important to me); very comfortable bed; very good shower; etc.

The breakfast room is one of the largest and nicest we've experienced in this general price category, and the range of breakfast items was good as well. One small but significant feature of our room was the fact that the electrical outlets behind the desk were on the wall directly in front of us rather than down by the floor; thus we didn't have to move the desk, or get down on our hands and knees, to plug in our laptop as is so often the case. (I consider this an indication that someone was actually thinking about the customer in the process of designing the rooms!) The wi-fi, moreover, was simpler to use than many we've encountered.

Staff members were courteous and helpful. This appears to be a very well managed property. All in all, it has become one of our favorite stops along I-95, and we are pleased to recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael B
Dear Retired Travelers:

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad to hear that we are one of your favorite stops and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I travel for business just about every week. This hotel was extremely well maintained and the check in process with an employee named Syesha was one of the best I have had in a long time. She was very thorough in her explanation of everything, suggested a great place for dinner, and gave me a coupon for a free appetizer. But what impressed me the most was when the phone started to ring, she did not rush to answer it....she instead stated "you are here, right now, you are more important." I do not know how many times I have had a front desk staff person answer the phone in the middle of my check-in process and I've had to stand there for several minutes while they then ignore me and shift their focus to the person on the telephone. I only stayed one night for business, but it was one of the more pleasant stays I have had in awhile.....due in large part to Syesha. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Hello Ed S:

We are certainly glad you chose to stay with us. It is always our pleasure to devote our time and attention to our guests. It is also great to hear that Syesha helped make your stay such a success. We hope to see you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I could write a book on how great this hotel is. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is by far the best, and yes you can screw up the cinnamon rolls, but they are perfect every time, and most of all they made good on any problem you have.

If your traveling up the east coast and have to stay outside NYC or NJ and don't want to go to DC or Baltimore this is the perfect hotel midway! Your doing yourself a favor to stay here.

Room Tip: The king executive suite is worth the money!