USD 77
The Westin Wilmington(Wilmington)
USD 197
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 224/night.

Hollywood Motel(New Castle)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjunior suitefront deskwet barordered room serviceclub leveloff the highwayseparate bedroomcomfortable bedsan upgradenice lobbylobby areavery nice hotelearly checkgreat roomhotel staffstaying at this hotelwilmington area
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This Sheraton is conveniently located near nothing. Off of loud and busy 95, it takes a seasoned navigator to find your way here due to ongoing construction and a flooded road closure. The grounds are very well tended with beautifully mulched flower beds. Once inside, you think, okay, a little late 80’s with the brown and tan atrium but we carry on. Every single employee we interacted with over three days was professional, personable and on point. If only this had carried over to maintenance and housekeeping. Good gravy! It was so bad, I insisted that my son keep his suitcase on the desk, zipped at all times because a room this unclean had to have critters (we thankfully did not see any). I did however see crushed crackers all over the velvet upholstered desk chair and almonds under the desk. How could you not vacuum between guests? I can handle the air conditioner rattling and hammering all night long (bring ear plugs). Even the missing towel bar and the other broken one. But for Pete’s sake, clean the room between guests!
I wish this property lived up to its front line employees. To a person (except for housekeeping and whoever manages it) they were a welcoming presence. Our room however was dumpy and dirty. Take the money you spend on mulch and flowers and brownies, and rent a carpet cleaner or pay your housekeepers enough that they will want to actually clean a room.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear detroitmom,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to our success and will be shared as a tool to help us grow and develop. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed interacting with each of our staff members and the cultivation of the outside of the hotel. However, it seems that the maintenance and housekeeping of your room did not live up to your expectations and for this I sincerely apologize. Rest assured your comments have been shared with the appropriate staff to ensure we improve on this. Please visit us again should your travels bring you back to New Castle, we would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in our rooms that so many guests have enjoyed.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

The stay this property was okay. The check in process was easy and very quick. The staffs were professional and mostly courteous. The information provided about the property was very detailed and the desk clerk was able to answer all of my questions. While I didn't take advantage of the many amenities offered, my understanding is that there were plenty. I was disappointed that the website noted free breakfast and the clerk mentioned that my reservation didn't qualify for the breakfast because it was booked through an online website. Bummer, but I get it! The hotel check out was also great and quick. They also accommodated me with a late check out with no problem.

Now, the property is another thing... It was clean and well kept. My room was pretty clean too. However, the air didn't work very well; it was quite warm even with the temperature turned down. Also, the bathroom was poorly ventilated. There was no exhaust fan and I had to wait for the steam to clear after a shower before doing my hair and makeup. When I finally did my hair, it wouldn't "do right" because of the humidity in the room from poor ventilation and bad AC system. Finally, the lighting was extremely poor for doing makeup. It was a bit of an annoyance as I was preparing to go to a wedding, though I didn't have the time to talk with staff and request another room. I only stayed one night!

All that said, if I were staying more than one night, have kids or just needed something close to the airport, it probably would've been completely fine. I'd recommend the property for that and the friendly staff!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear VoyageVirtuoso,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is highly important as we look to continue to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about how courteous and friendly our staff is, and the condition of our property. We strive to make every interaction one to remember and to provide a clean atmosphere. Your feedback about your room will be shared with our maintenance team to ensure that the challenges you encountered do not happen again. Please come and visit us should your travels bring you to New Castle again. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel needs urgent attention. The environment does not help to make you feel welcome. The service and customer skills needs improvement. Restaurant service is poor as well quality of food. Breakfast was cold. Would not recommend to a friend neither stay again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Victor_M751
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Victor_M751,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is highly valuable and will be used to help us continue to grow and develop. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the hotel that need improvement. In taking great care of our hotel our main focus is to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It seems that we have fallen short of your standards, and ours, for this I sincerely apologize. Your comments have been shared within our organization to appropriately address the challenges you experienced. I hope I can convince you to change your mind about visiting our property. Please reach out to me should you be in the area again. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back with a much better experience!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2018

When this hotel first opened we stayed there as we come to Delaware a lot. Over the years we have stayed probably 10+ times. This last time was terrible. We always get our room on the Concierge floor whether it is a junior suite or a larger suite. It started off with coming back late to go to our room. There is always a wedding there, which is fine however, they do a terrible job of monitoring the handicap spaces. I need a handicap space and there were none to be found AND of all the cars parked there, only 1 was legally parked, the rest were not. I complained to the front desk but of course now it's too late. The room had a funny smell to it but not anything to want to change rooms at 11pm. In the morning I got up to go get coffee in the Concierge dining room and my key card doesn't work. That in itself is embarrassing as no one got up to let me in and then look at me like I don't belong. At that point someone walked by and offered their keycard to let me in. When my husband and I went to get breakfast we used the other key card thinking my was defective. Still didn't work. The place is full and again, no one is letting us in. My husband was just about to go downstairs when housekeeping came by and let us in. Once in, there is no food. It's not even close to time for breakfast to be over. We had to wait for 15 minutes until new food was brought in. I would think you could get a handle on the fact that there are people in here eating and you might be proactive and let someone know that they will need more food soon. Once done, we go back to our room, crawl back in bed only to hear loud screaming and shouting. I open up the door and the family next door is in the hall (about 10 of them) yelling and screaming at each other. The mother is swearing at all the kids and adults that are there. I asked them to please be quiet, people are still trying to sleep. They go inside their room, continue the fighting, sounds like things are being thrown around the room, of course our bedroom backs up to their room and we can hear it all. I called downstairs and they said they would send up security. I waited for security to come and was shocked that security consisted of a woman who came up and asked when they were leaving carried on a brief conversation of pleasantries and then turned and walked away. Of course once she left, it started up again.

This used to be a great hotel to stay at, it now has gotten to be just average although this last stay was anything but average. I kept asking my husband if he ever got an email asking, "how was your stay" as I was going to respond, but he never got one.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank berashford308
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear berashford308,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared to help us improve our overall service. Thank you for your loyalty over the years when you travel to Delaware. It has come to my attention that your recent stay did not live up to your standards, or ours, and for this I sincerely apologize. Your feedback has been shared throughout our hotel to prevent these challenges from occurring in the future. Please reach out to me should you return to Delaware and give us a chance to restore your confidence in us. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to a quiet location on our Concierge floor with much improved service.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The lobby was very nicely decorated. Check in was quick and staff was friendly. My kids loved riding the all glass elevator. The room was nice but the sheets were stained. Rug in the room was also torn in multiple spots.
Furniture was a little dated also.
Pool was definitely one of the nicer ones I’ve been to.
Plenty of parking also. The breakfast was ok. Nothing to write home about. Usual fare. Room was somewhat noisy and we could hear people around us.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Cedric B, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear hdogiakis,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us and will be used as a tool to help us continue to deliver exceptional service. I am delighted to hear how efficient your arrival process was and how you enjoyed our pool. With a new chef in place, we are working on new and exciting ways to enhance our dining options from breakfast to dinner. Please take comfort in knowing that we are working tirelessly to improve every aspect of our hotel to perfect our culture of a warmly hospitable and modern environment. Hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to New Castle!