All reviewsjunior suitefront deskwet barordered room serviceclub levelnice suiteoff the highwayan upgradenice lobbyliving roomcomfortable bedsearly checkhotel staffstaying at this hotelwilmington areahotel restaurantlobby area
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I visited the Sheraton on a trip back to Vermont from Florida. We were pleasantly greeted by Justin at the front desk who offered assistance throughout our entire stay. He went above and beyond for my family and I when the pool ran out of towels he was the first to get them for us. Please recognize this gentlemen for his efforts! He even helped fix our AC machine due to low staffing in the maintenance department. A true jack of all trades! Bernice and Adam were fantastic in breakfast and front desk in the morning

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear lisaverm,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is highly valuable and will be used as a tool to help us continue to deliver top notch service. It is such a pleasure to hear how Justin went above and beyond to meet your families needs, and how fantastic Bernice and Adam were! It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! By taking joy in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our founders, but exceeding the expectations of our valued guests. Hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to New Castle!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Mother's Day weekend,,Sharkira checked us in, she was polite and informative no problem.Friday was great. Saturday morning pool and hot tub was fine.We went down stair to get something to eat and to my surprise the person working there said we are only doing order to go. I asked her what time does the restaurant open she stated it's open now so I ask why do I have to order to go and I did not wanted that. I ask for the manager she said she was the manager then I ask for her manager by that time Sharkira happen to come over and ask is there a problem I told her what was happening a she spoke with that lady and said she will take care of us that was fine. We I put my order in the lady she they did not have that so I asked why is it on the menu she said it's not and I told her yes it is. It was the Cherry Stone Clams then she said they don't have that anymore WOW, then I left out the restaurant. Then we order something from the Pizza place. Then we went back upstairs to our room to find out it was not clean they made the bed left towels and wash cloth that was it the tub was not clean the bathroom was not clean the other room was not clean. By that time I was ready to check out and go somewhere else. Shakira email her manager but i never heard from him WOW. Then around 6:30 pm we went to have appetizer in the club lounge to my surprise they only had eggs wrap so I ask the person in there will they be bring anything else up she stated the cook said he is not making anything else, so we call down stair to make sure the hours was from 5:30 to 8;30 the front desk person said yes and they will call the kitchen to see what is going on. 20 minutes later the person came back and she the cook said this is all that he is making and she brought more eggs wrap up so we left out. Then that night we ended up calling for room service that night WOW Thank to Shankira being so helpful I decided to stay. If I decided to go back there I will make sure that Shankira is working if she is not working I will not book NO ROOM. Today is May the 16th and I have not heard from a manager yet 4 days later WOW.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Ursula V,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and will be used as a driving force in improving our service. It has come to my attention that your stay was not up to your standards, or ours, and for this I sincerely apologize. We have recently added an exceptional executive chef to our team who is working on reinventing our menus while adding to the variety of our food items. Rest assured, our housekeeping team is dedicated to providing a clean and well maintained guest room and will be made aware of your feedback. Should your travels bring you back to the New Castle area we would love a chance to restore your confidence in us. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back with a warm smile and great service.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We drove around longer than one hour to get to this hotel using the Google Map GPS. The roads were flooded and we could not get to the hotel. No body could help us. Finally we asked a young lady police officer to help us. She told us to follow he car which we did. It took the police office 30 minutes to find and open road to the hotel. We were given a very big and nice room at the hotel. The room was very clean with very comfortable beds and pillows. The bath room was clean and big. I do recommend this hotel only if you are sure that you can actually find it.

Room Tip: Stay here only if you think you can find it.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Farhad A,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is highly valued and is reviewed for the betterment of our team. I am delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay, but recommend us as well. Our team is dedicated to providing an extremely hospitable and clean environment. Should you stay with us in the future and need directions please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back should your travels bring you to New Castle again!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

The receptionist and manager helped me solve a thorny parking issue. I worked for hours on line and making calls only to find this hotel ready willing and able to help. I am very grateful for their willingness to assist.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Carol T,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us and will be used as a tool for the growth of our team. It brings me great joy to hear how our staff was able to help resolve an issue that you experienced. We are dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure guest satisfaction and lend a helping hand. Looking forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to New Castle!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Not even sure where to begin. Arriving with 3 people and a dog to find we had a room with one bed. I was told by a manager 4 people could sleep in the room, and we were maybe different from others that stayed there-and we were not allowed a roll away - umm how many people sleep 4 people to a bed. Later realized some of the rooms looked like they stayed with tons of people and over filled rooms.Told I should not have used a third party that they themselves provided because I won’t get what I wanted, and only certain guests get upgrades ie: the one single guy that checked in at the same time that did not ask or need it. We were told we should have paid more money to get a room that would not break the fire code. We were given a room by the hotel/service we did not pick it. Ridiculous! If your mad that we got and paid through a service don’t use the service but don’t take it out on a customer. Good management would get that, so that you make your guests want to come back. The hotel first night was a ghost town.
So let’s move on to the room we eventually got after a fight and lecture- one busted ceiling, and a broken fan. Pills found by the sofa bed that my dog could have easily ate and died.
What next hmm _no security lock on the pool so it was no different than a public pool. One man and a woman who popped in and out had 45 yes I counted screaming animals at the pool with only the one man supervising. Shocking the little paper bands they asked my child to wear was only on the only other 2 children that were clearly guests. No one from the hotel came to check who had those amusement park bands.
Let’s move onto night time walking in the entrance with what I believe was a worker and a random woman smoking pot and coughing the smoke all over the entranceway where my family had to walk. My autoimmune compromised child had to inhale that crap since he was ahead not aware and asked what the weird smell was that it didn’t smell like cigarettes.
Not to mention this hotel is literally off a highway in the middle of nowhere surrounded by construction, and a dangerous ramp on and off to get out of the parking lot onto a road. Everything took 15-20 min to get anywhere it’s New Castle not even close to Wilmington which on the third party site- it states Wilmington. I have no idea who gave a decent review but it’s got to be fake. Other than the ladies and one man who were very nice the customer service was horrendous. They also claim to be 4 stars they are not. Everything is outdated, and they nickel and dime you. At best 2 stars - stay at a all suites place instead and get free breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Cedric B, Guest Experience Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear Ronda G,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us as we are constantly looking to improve with every guest interaction. The experience you described of your stay was not up to your standards or ours, and for this I sincerely apologize. I want you to know that we strive to provide a warm accommodating and clean atmosphere for our guests, and the feedback you provided will be shared with my team for growth and improvement. Also, within the year we will be undergoing a property renovation which will update our facility. We will use your comments as a tool to guide us in the right direction. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our property and restore your confidence in us again.

Warmest Regards,