“A Monday treat”
Review of Heirloom

Heirloom
Ranked #15 of 93 Restaurants in Lewes
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited Heirloom on Easter Monday. A quiet night, but perfect for a wonderful meal. Crusty,dense sourdough bread, radish salad, scallops, and monkfish all washed down with an Oregon Pinot. Finishing with the ginger-lime coconut cake and pot de creme. Our first time here. I’m sure it’s busy when it’s warmer, but on a cool spring night it was wonderful, quiet night.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were terribly disappointed at our last visit to Heirloom. We went with great expectations and were met with dreadful food. The asparagus appetizer was like trying to eat a tree trunk. The pork chop was so tough no one could even chew it. And the coconut cake was burned. The server had clearly tried to cut off the charred bottom. Unfortunately the edges were burnt and the cake was dry. It was a special event for my sister and it was spoiled by the poor quality of the food. At the prices charged it was inexcusable.

meghan937, Owner at Heirloom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Wow. You’re a Level 5 contributor, with 31 badges?! That’s impressive.

Check out “Anthony Bourdain Yelp Video”.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Sat in the quaint bar area because we didn't have reservations. Food was excellent, started with an interesting cheese board and afterward ordered the Florida Gulf Shrimp Biscuit. My wife had the Red Snapper, both excellent dishes. Although the prices are high, they're similar to the Buttery, which is right around the corner.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Delicious food, nice ambiance, but we were in a corner that was chilly. When I asked for herb tea I was told they have a selection, but none of the options were herbal, although one was decaf. Friendly wait staff and hostess, but I wish the wait-person had informed us that some of the garnishes were not available on one of the items I ordered. Very accommodating about not adding nuts to certain dishes. Oh, and I don't think they have candles for birthday desserts.The emphasis on local and seasonal food, prepared very well in innovative combinations, means that I plan to return, but for the price, I expected a little bit more attention to certain details.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

The food was exquisite. Interesting (and delicious) taste combinations, like apple fennel pie, huckleberry with venison, and celery root soup with blood orange. Portions were more than we could eat. Hostess Megan was personable, as were the other service staff. A very enjoyable birthday dinner. The place was full by 7:00, even during the off season, but neither noisy or crowded-feeling.

Been to Heirloom? Share your experiences!