“Great coffee”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: 302-734-7462
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We ate here two days in a row for breakfast. High lights are the coffee, bacon and breakfast sandwiches. Low lights are the toast-came out cold every time with unmelted butter on it. Rye toast is so small and thin. Potatoes-home fries and hash browns virtually raw. Could not even eat the hash browns. Service is quick and very friendly. Really nice ladies here.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

My wife and I visited the Hollywood Diner for breakfast on a weekday. We entered this very clean retro diner and were greeted and seated quickly. Staff was friendly and service was very good and I was amazed at our young waiters ability to remember orders without writing anything down. (he took 2 full tables of orders with no pad/pen) The food on the other-hand left much to be desired. Everything was ice cold and very small portion of very dry eggs (supposed to be 2- looked like less that one) and hash browns that were hardly cooked and not brown at all. They did give 4 slices of bacon but again it was cold and not enjoyable . My wife's breakfast was equally dry and cold.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I regularly stop here for breakfast or lunch for a business meeting with a colleague. It doesn't matter what I get it is always good. This time I had a tuna salad sandwich with fries and it came with a cup of soup. Also the service is always great.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I went here with my husband for lunch while visiting Dover. I had a chicken and bacon sandwich with a pickle, coleslaw, and french fries. The coleslaw had too much mayo and the fries were overcooked. The bathroom was dirty with the trash overflowing. Prices were good and the menu had a lot of variety. Service was so-so.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

we have been there a few times for breakfast - it is a local place with good staff and mediocre food at a reasonable price. Two cash registers - one for cash - one fro credit - rather unusual