New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Flavor of India
Ranked #5 of 196 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We ate here tonight asked on the reviews the restaurant got on this website and others. We were so happy with the restaurant that we will definitely return next time we are in Dover. We tried the buffet this time, but next time will try from the full menu.

I highly recommend having a meal here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Drilbu

Bethesda, MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wish this place was near home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

It's called "Flavor of India" now. One of the best Indian restaurants we've eaten at...and we live in the DC area where there are plenty of Indian restaurants. They'll spice it the way you want, but beware that they mean business spice-wise -- medium spice would be way too much for anyone who can't tolerate spicy food. Very generous portions.

You don't go here for the atmosphere, but it's clean. In case it matters, the restrooms are next door in the Super 8 motel lobby.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank suburbanmd
Dover, Delaware
“Restaurant is in a hotel lobby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Average Indian authentic food. Uses a steam table. Good service

Visited January 2012
“Chicken makanwala!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

For being married to an Indian person I can say that not only is the food awesome for me (if mild of course) but tastes awesome to my Indian husband! Order the chicken makanwala with rice and garlic naan. Heaven.

2 Thank Tiedwithblackribbon
Delaware
“Travel to India While Sitting in Dover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

In an attempt to try something new for the work day lunch, a friend suggested that we try Taste of India. As you walk in the aromas from the various dishes available on their lunch buffet give you an idea of the flavors that are about to come. As we were seated at our table, a basket of fresh garlic naan bread was placed in front of us. Making our way to the buffet I commented that the selection was very wide and varying. They offered chicken and lamb dishes, as well as a number of vegetarian options. While not offered on the buffet, they also have goat and seafood as other options to order off of their menu. None were really spicy (HOT), but rather relied on the large number of spices like cardamom and cumin that are so much a part of Indian cuisine. I slowly made my way through a sampling of every dish and can say that everything was WONDERFUL! I ended my delicious meal with some fruit and kheer, as well as a nice cup of tea. This place was a hidden gem that I didn't even know about and I will definitely be back many times in the future.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank Ziprodot

Been to Flavor of India? Share your experiences!