“A Very Successful Anniversary”
Review of Addy Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethany Beach
Addy Sea
Hopewell, NJ
“A Very Successful Anniversary”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This past July 10 was my 23rd being married to my wonderful bride so I wanted it to be special and a bit different. We are in many ways polar opposites. I like pools. air conditioning and lots of creature comforts while the Mrs. prefers the Ocean, sleeping in a straw bed in a beach hut somewhere off the beaten path. We each compromised a little and spent a long weekend at a fabulous B & B on the Oceans doorstep in our new favorite state of Delaware. The room was like being on the set of a period movie and the surrounding beach town had a newness and energy which made for a whole other experience. The Addy Sea was as advertised. GREAT

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PJS37

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
salt lake city ut. u.s.a.
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We spent two nights at this gloriously situated b/b. Think of victorian home, all the bells and whistles as far as the furnishings are concerned. Think of the beach right OUTSIDE the house and your window, if you are fortunate enough to get a sea view. Think of good china and a fine assortment for breakfast. My cousin married on the beach this weekend in perfact weather on the sand. Think of wrap around porch and gingerbread on the house. Think of a lazy breakfast in or outside and then wonderful beds and well appointed bathrooms. I am sure in summer this beach resort is overcrowded, as all are, but in October... dont think about not going, just do it and book the Addy Sea...you wont be sorry.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a sea view, open the windows and blinds and just listen and breathe
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank britmama
jenstarJenstar
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I checked in with my mom at what we thought to be teatime only to be told "it's all over." Oh sorry, you just missed it, would you like to help yourselves to tea or coffee. The room looked like a over-frilled scene from Gone with the Wind --Aged linens and lace everywhere. My mom was promised a host of gluten-free baked goods but they were not prepared either. My parents left at 5:30 a.m., cutting short their stay after freezing in an uncomfortable bed. All that for $250 and a three-hour drive each way.

• Stayed July 2011
8 Thank jenstarJenstar
Maryland
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I just spent three nights at the Addy Sea with my daughter. We had room #2 which was fine except for one of the beds. The room has two queen beds, one with a nice comfy mattress, and the other that can only be described as hard as a plank. I mentioned it to the assistant manager who said that my comment was the first she had ever heard about the bed. Hard to believe. Otherwise the inn was lovely: delicious breakfasts, afternoon tea, and hotband cold drinks available 24/7. The location can't be beat. Although expensive, it's a lovely getaway for a few days.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank CharlieSchnauzer
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Clean and tidy. Fantastic location on the beach. Reasonable prices. This is a quiet inn run very professionally. I was really impressed. Would give it five stars if the coffee/breakfast brought up to another level, but completely satisfied.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1.8 km away
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Meris Gardens Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 3 in Bethany Beach

Been to Addy Sea? Share your experiences!