USD 138
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 77
USD 75
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn and Suites(Newark)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
USD 99
USD 96
USD 130
USD 120
HIExpress.com
All reviewspool and hot tubbest westernsthe breakfast areatexas roadhousefitness roomstay there againhot breakfastthird flooreasy accessroom keydesk staffvery nice hotelyogurtparking lota great staygreat roomchristiana mall
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Overall everything went fine for us except the heater noise was incredibly loud. We woke up a few times during the night because of it. In order to prevent it from triggering too often we ended up lowering the room temperature, and thus had a pretty cold uncomfortable night. During check out I mentioned it to the receptionist, who apologized for the inconvenience but on a tone that really meant "I don't care and I'm not going to do anything about it".

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Robert A, Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Good morning Mr. Olivier D.,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your feedback and we measures have been taken to resolve the concern.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I know this isn’t a 5 Star hotel but there are certain things that shouldn’t be too much to ask. The free breakfast is a nice perk but the breakfast area doesn’t get cleaned at all during breakfast. There were trash cans over flowing and dirty and sticks tables everywhere. You lose you appetite when you walk in.
I tried to take my kids to the pool on Friday afternoon but it was closed for maintenance and they didn’t know when it would open again. Got the kids dressed and walked by 15 min later and suddenly it was open again.
Lastly we rolled in our last night at 10pm on our last night from a wedding. Carried 2 sleeping kids up to room only to find our key cards didn’t work even though they did a few hours before. As I said lots of small annoying things that add up after a while

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Good morning Eric H.,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that your stay was less than desirable and we are taking actions to improve the concerns mentioned above.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived for Friday-Sunday as a business trip. My sista and I truly were surprised and elated to have been given a “free upgrade” to a SUITE...the room and hospitality of all the staff were awesome..

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Robert A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Good afternoon PhEnOmOne,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience! We appreciate your feedback and it's always a pleasure to upgrade our Best Western Reward members due to their loyalty to our brand.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Check-in person pleasant but not accommodating. There were problems that were addressed with front staff right away, and I was just yess'd, but no action was taken to correct the problems. Room stale smell from smoke (non smoking room) No soap/conditioner in the dispensers, and dirty overcrowded pool. Only good thing was the breakfast (which we had to go extremely early to get).

Stayed: February 2018
Robert A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Good afternoon mom23kidsNewJersey,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback coming from our guest so that we can be of better assistance to future guest. We will most definitely address the concerns that have been mentioned.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We were calling this place the Worst Western Minus during our stay for two days last weekend. I had originally booked this hotel a couple weeks ago because of its proximity of where we needed to be for a trade show. My son is 4 years old, and so i wanted an indoor pool, and included breakfast. Well, upon arriving, we noticed the trash all over the parking lot, and a few cars with people just sitting hanging out (we later noticed -smelled, really- that they were smoking pot in their cars in the lot. not sure if they were hotel guests or if that's the local hang out spot to do that sort of thing). Checking in was fine, the young man at the desk was pleasant. The room was clean. The third floor hallway had all sorts of smells going on, the most potent being the smell of marijuana. there was a big sign at the front desk reading NO PARTIES, but clearly no one pays attention. There were people up all night. ALL night, running up and down the hall, laughing and yelling. If you don't mind being woken up a few times a night, then you'd enjoy this place. The side door closest to the parking lot has a swiper where you can get in using your room key, however, it doesn't work, and there's a sign that says to enter through the front door, maybe because there's some shady people hanging out in the parking lot? Either way, the smokers that come out that side door stick a pizza box in the door to keep it propped open, so really, there's no security, and all kinds of characters could be coming into the hotel at any time. Those above-mentioned smokers come down, leave the pizza box in the door, and then walk off, so who knows if they're even hotel guests themselves.
The breakfast has a pretty decent variety: cereals, bagels, muffins, waffles, yogurt, coffee/juice. I did get turned off after finding a LONG BLACK hair in my Frosted Flakes, but whatever.
My biggest problem/complaint with this hotel is the pool. Please keep in mind, my biggest factor in deciding on this particular hotel was the indoor pool, since I have a 4 year old who loves to play in the pool. THIS POOL AREA WAS DISGUSTING. The pool and hot tub both were REPULSIVE. It was Sunday night, and seemed as if the pool and hot tub were not cleaned in over a week. There were clumps of hair floating in the pool, the water had a creepy oily film on it, and the hot tub was foamy and green. I made my boyfriend go get the pool skimmer to at least get the big chunks of hair out; the pool's floor even looked murky by the stair area to enter the pool. This place needs to hire a pool guy, cuz it was just wrong. Honestly I don't know why this is even a Best Western Plus. I've stayed in Best Western Pluses, and I feel that there are standards, and there is a reputation to uphold. I feel almost "let down" by the Best Western brand, and am not really interested in staying at any Best Western Pluses in the future, based on the poor quality of this one. Like I mentioned, "Worst Western Minus".

Stayed: February 2018
Robert A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Good afternoon maramez12,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your stay was less than desirable, and we'll be taking steps to resolve such issues that occurred during your stay.