“Pales by comparison!”

Pho Nhu Vu
Ranked #11 of 85 Restaurants in Bear
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I had eaten many times at pho Cali in Wilmington and so my expectations were (apparently) pretty high. That restaurant fills their chicken pho with great chunks of normal looking chicken, a delicate bundle of noodles that cooks and grows as you eat, in addition to large pieces of carrot, broccoli, and onions. This restaurant uses slices of chicken that are all uniformly flat, and noodles and small bits of green onion and cilantro... And that's it! If there were any other vegetables used in the cooking process of this soup it is strikingly absent at presentation time. The flavor was decent but I just could not get past the wide contrast between restaurants. Also when I ate there only one other table of diners were in the restaurant, whereas pho Cali seems to get more and more crowded each time I return. So although I had hoped this restaurant would give me a closer "fix" for my pho cravings, I will happily drive the extra distance to continue to enjoy the pho that makes my tummy happy and my heart sing!

1  Thank Nitsun

Reviewed 8 July 2016

We've dined at Pho Nhu Vu many times and I have never been disappointed. Today was no exception. We ordered the shredded pork rolls for an appetizer and shredded pork vermicelli entree. Both were delicious. Our server was wonderful. The cost was great. Sure, its a store front restaurant in a strip plaza. I didn't go there for linens or candlelight, I went to have a great Vietnamese dinner at a great price. This is what I got and you will too.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

This place is a little gem. Feels like home food eventhough I'm not a Vietnamese. Pho is simply amazing, so is grilled chicken with vermicelli, so is their spring roll. We don't eat red meat so there is little on the menu but we go there regularly. Their bubble tea is amazing as well. Watch out for a grumpy server. The kids who work here are amazing, very friendly!

Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

Great place to have Vietnamese foods and soups with quick courteous service I normally get the spring rolls it's busy most times but well worth the wait stop in and try it sometimes

Reviewed 10 November 2015

Love the Hue's Spicy Noodle Soup, Chicken Pho and wings. Nice staff, cozy family friendly atmosphere and reasonable prices. Never disappointed here.

Been to Pho Nhu Vu? Share your experiences!