“Great place for anniversary dinner”

Max Prime Steakhouse Fish Sushi Bar
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Woodbury
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Special occasion warranted a more upscale venue, so we tried Max Prime. We were very happy with everything from the bar service, to sushi appetizers and our dinners. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and food was excellent. Will definitely go back. The bar crowd was pretty lively and you can eat at the bar too, so that might be fun.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This steak house is a recent addition to an already culinary gifted town. It is in a completely renovated building that formerly housed another restaurant. I can't think of a negative even though our waiter was new to the job. The food was excellent in every aspect. The ambiance was pleasant. They had an outdoor seating area. It is a nice addition to the Woodbury dining scene.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We bought a car next door and decided to stop for lunch to celebrate. The service was probably the worst I've encountered in years. We ate at the bar because they were busy. The bartender "Miranda" was rude from the start. I said that to my husband right after we ordered drinks. As time went on it only got worse. He thought she heard me say she was rude, but i really doubt it unless she has unbelievable hearing. I am one of the easiest customers and never give less than 20% and today I had a hard time leaving 15%. Once served, she never came back to ask how things were, if we needed anything else, my husband had to get up and get salt and pepper from a nearby table. When she handed us the check she wouldn't even look at us. I have no idea what that was all about. The food was good but we only got fried calamari and a burger. I don't live in the area but will never go back

1  Thank notasnob824
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I had a gift card for this restaurant so my husband and I finally used it last week. They had the entire patio set up - and it's beautiful - but the skies opened up as soon as we arrived so no dining al fresco - maybe next time! However we did arrive early so we sat at the bar to have a couple drinks and starters prior to our reservation. The bar has two huge glass garage doors, so despite the rain we had the benefit of being inside and dry, but also nice fresh air now that spring has finally arrived in CT! Both the bartenders were attentive and helpful and gladly offered a couple tastes of things as we were deciding. We had the Tuna dumpling and fish taco as starters and both were served quickly and were delicious - the tuna was so fresh! When we moved into the dining room it was nice to see the diversity on the menu so we shared a great salad, some sushi and the rigatoni dish. I know - sounds eclectic - but everything was great! You can see they brought the best together from their other restaurants. Our server was also very friendly and not overly intrusive - I think her name was Marsha. Despite living about 30 minutes away, we would definitely take the drive back!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

This was our third visit. We ordered the hamburger rare, sushi and chicken under the brick, and two glasses of wine. The burger came extremely well done. Since this is a steak house, we couldn’t understand such a difference. We asked a manager why this keeps happening. He hinted that because this is aged beef they have to cook meat longer than requested. But that seems inadequate: why take rare orders if you won’t fulfill them? The sushi had a very strong fishy taste, indicating the fish was not really fresh. It was left half eaten. On the plus side, the chicken under brick was delicious. Also concerning: one of the two glasses of wine was filled with dregs. A real wine steward would never pour the last bits of a bottle ibto a customer’s glass.

1  Thank Charles W