All reviews full kitchen bi level loft the lower level wooded area scrambled eggs and sausage yogurt an extended stay extra pillows off the highway bedroom suite home away from home kitchen area stayed here for one night six flags complimentary breakfast fireplace property
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I stayed at this hotel over Christmas 2016. Unfortunately, I arrived there on Christmas Eve so we were given the last available room on the property. I knew that meant the oldest, most worn room - and that is what we received. It was very dated with below average cleaning - there was caked on food burned into the stove top and the kitchen rug had not been vacuumed under the table. I called immediately to request another room and was told they were sold out. I requested to be given another room if it became available since I was there for several days but that request was never honored. A maid came to vacuum within the hour but it was not clear what she removed. The kitchen rug remained dirty for the entire 4 days of my trip despite the maid having come to clean each day. The microwave was dirty as was some of the inside cabinets and drawer under the stove. I recognize that Christmas provides a strain in the availability of staff but even when the staff came, they still didn't clean properly. Some of the fireplace ashes had settled onto the white area of the floor and it remained there for the entire stay. We eventually had to request a broom in order to clean the floor ourselves - there is just no excuse for that.

I happened to overhear a woman in the lobby on my 2nd day receiving a newly renovated room while I was waiting for my laundry. She had given the staff there some very nice gifts so I guess that is why she got the new room and I was left with the old room. I know there are some nice rooms there - I just didn't get to see one.

The carpets were old, bathrooms had long-term buildup of dirt in between the tiles, dated furniture - just a total disappointment for me. The positives were that at least the heat, hot water and appliances worked.

Because of my experience, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I will never return again. It definitely put a damper on our holiday celebration having to use a dirty hotel room at Christmas time.

Room Tip: If you can't get an updated room, stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 February 2017

Dear DorainSitges,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay back in December. We have been working diligently to improve condition and cleanliness as our renovation is not due until after 2017. I encourage you to visit us again when you do return to the area to see the advancements we have made.

Residence Inn by Marriott Hartford- Windsor
windsorgm@ih-corp.com
860-688-7474

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I have been to this location in the past, and just came back again. Though only for one night, I could have stayed longer. There is plenty of room to stretch out, and having private entrances is a real plus.

Upon arriving in my room, I found all of the drawers in the room to be open. ALL of them. From the kitchen to the bedroom area. I don't know if this is a company wide initiative or just this location. It was nice to see where everything was, but I found myself having to close all of the drawers before doing anything else.

Though my room faced the highway, I did not find it to be loud at all. The room was very clean throughout, though I did find a hair in the soap area. Everything else looked nice. The couch was a little uncomfortable, but you can't expect much from a convertible sofa.

I was a little disappointed in the breakfast. It wasn't that there wasn't plenty of food, but it just seemed to be a little lower quality than I used to. The area was well kept though, so I may have just hit on an off day.

This is a perfect spot. It is close to Hartford and the Day Hill Road section of Windsor, but far enough away in a residential area, so it feels like home. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 5 January 2017

Dear Jeff L,

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Hartford- Windsor and sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working to become the best hotel. We will utilize this information so that when you return we can be even better!

Thank you, again. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Stayed here for one night, in the Studio apartment. The room layout was great and offered plenty of space. There were several stains on the couch along with the rugs and walls. The kitchen area was missing soap to wash the dishes. The room offered a fire place which I did use but the front desk charged $5 for 1 log (outrageous) especially since you are paying well over $100 for a room. The breakfast lounge is not connected to any of the apartments so you have to walk to it. It happened to be snowing when I stayed which made the walk interesting.

The morning breakfast was awful. Now I understand that it is free...but it was just awful. They offered plastic plates with plastic forks. They offered eggs, chicken sausage (raw) ham slices that were about the size of a quarter and bagels etc. All of the food was cold seeing it is right near the main entrance. I decided to go with a bagel until I found out that the toaster was not working. I went to get juice only to find out that the juice machine was out of order. I wound up eating a semi cold yogurt with some eggs and was off on my way. The WI-FI that they offer is a complimentary WI-FI that has a poor signal in the rooms, so be aware of that.

I will say that the apartments are layed out extremely well and are nice, mind the stains.

For 1/2 nights not a big deal, but if you had to stay here for an extended time...I don't think that this hotel is right for you.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brando16a
Management response:Responded 8 December 2016

Dear Brando16a,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Hartford Windsor. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. We are working to make improvements to the property and have already replaced the toaster and juice machine. I hope you do give us another opportunity to show you our changes.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Pretty average with an above average price. The facility was safe and the room was clean but the facility is showing its age what with spots on the carpet, moulding becoming detached from the wall and poor housekeeping outside the rooms. My room was difficult to keep warm. The heater worked but the flue on the fireplace (no logs provided) would not close. Be careful – they will charge different rates per night, depending upon the day of the week.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaptainBlackie
Management response:Responded 6 December 2016

Dear CaptainBlackie,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Hartford-Windsor. I am sorry that we fell short in some key areas. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate team members and are looking forward to being able to improve in these areas. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you do consider us again in the future!

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped at this location last minute on Saturday September 3rd, after a long drive from Atlanta. Right from the reservation on the phone, all the way to check out - we had a pleasant and great experience. The kids loved staying here as well, and asked if we could stay longer (unfortunately, we couldn't). The staff were very friendly, and pleasant, as well as the kitchen staff. Decent selection for breakfast. One of the workers in the morning when we left went out of her way to try to find us a stroller, as the only highchair was being used. The room was well kept for the most part (you can tell someone had a pet in the room shortly before us, and the sheets in the sofa bed had to be changed). Other than that, we were extremely pleased! On our next trip we will make sure to come here again, en route.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Samantha P, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Sara C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Hartford Windsor.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Hartford Windsor and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Windsor.

Samantha Peia