“It's Hooters....what were you expecting? Ruth's Chris?”
Review of Hooters

Hooters
Ranked #33 of 76 Restaurants in Wethersfield
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Reviewed 20 September 2014

This restaurant seems to have gotten a lot of bad reviews and it seems from some of the comments that some of those who left the reviews might not have known what Hooters was or what type of food they served ahead of time. It's supposed to be greasy...HELLO, they are serving chicken wings and burgers and a slew of other fried food. They also serve cheap-o beer such as Coors and Bud Light.

I have been to a total of 26 Hooters now all across the country though mostly along the east coast. Check my prior reviews, this is the first one I have felt compelled to even comment on. I went there twice last week while traveling. Last Sunday I stopped in because they were the only restaurant around that I knew would carry my beloved New York Jets on TV. I got a seat at the bar and was lucky enough to have Dani as my server.

They say first impressions make or break you, and besides from her beautiful looks (most attractive Hooters girl I have seen ever), I knew I was in for a great experience when she took my order for a beer and promptly salted my napkin. If you know what that means, you know how rare it is to find a bartender at a chain restaurant that knows to do it. She got refills promptly, took the food orders promptly and ensured that everything was good. I cannot speak for those working at the tables, however from what I saw it appeared everyone was having a great time. My chili was good, my wings were greasy and the cheese steak was delicious too. Yes, it was greasy, but hey, grease helps to absorb some of the alcohol!!!

Go for a good time, expect normal greasy bar fare and cheap drinks (especially if they are having specials), and great service. I will definitely stop in again the next time my travels take me to this little town.

There are newer reviews for Hooters

Reviewed 4 March 2014

They are nasty, their service is POOR, I was very disappointed when I got my bill, over $70 in nasty GREASY food, over cooked leftover burgers, the rest of the food had funny smells and tasted freezer burnt. Have contacted the manager for a refund, he contacted me once I send him a reply and is been almost a week and haven't received anything back from him, they could of at least gave me my refund. PAUL LUCAS, I hope you are reading this. This place don't deserve to be open, and you could of have had the decency to reply back, that's what managers DO, they try to keep their customers happy. Never again I will go into another hooters restaurant, for those who do read this review! HOOTERS made me SICK after I ate it! YES...SICK, stay away, research HOOTERS in general! coming from an employee that use to once work for Hooters claim he was forced to serve ROTTEN CHICKEN wings! don't be FOOLED by the girls who are there to distract you. They are there for that reason. OPEN your eyes people! they are SCAMS, their food doesn't look like anything they ADVERTISE.

1  Thank Cynthia G
Reviewed 21 July 2012

OK, I'm old...but the women are very attractive, the wings are great and the food, bar food at best, is acceptable. So I would not want my daughters to work there, however, if you want great wings and meet some beautiful young women, lighten up, head on down and throw some chicken bones around!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Hooters isn't what it used to be. The food is greasy and the service poor.

1  Thank David J
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Greasy food.Worn out.Looks like it has not been painted for 20 years.What can I say.Sorry Hooters you were anovelty 20 years ago.Not for me.

1  Thank Michael M