See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I am very upset at your service and the hotel. You list this hotel Econo Lodge, 365 370 Highland St., West Haven, CT, 06516, USPhone: (203) 285-6010 Fax: (203) 932-1926, under your Expedia great misleading pictures. It was filthy, ants in bathroom, jets in tub dirty, smelly old mold and cigarette smell. We were in the hotel for no more than 3 hours and charged the full night. Mind you, went looking for another hotel because we could not breath and were disgusted. So unclean and unsanitary. We never unpacked or used anything. I was charged 149.00 full day. Their systems were down, no Wi-Fi, garbage behind the bed, I had to use my hair pins to keep the curtains closed. Since we were on street level and we didn't want people to see us from outside. A person we spoke to "Tina" stated she was the manager, on the phone and told us to find another hotel. She actually ended up being the receptionist who works during the day. The second girl at the desk was sweet but unhelpful. They never gave us a print out of the checkout because the system was still down. She called the manager, HYRAM, on the phone who told her " don't worry they can leave they paid already through Expedia, they have to deal with them". How unprofessional. If they would give me a partial refund, half off then great, but to deny completely knowing their hotel should be condemned, is very upsetting. The receptionist area main welcoming area smells, I would not eat in the breakfast area it smells like fabuloso! I had to pay for another hotel just down the road The Best Western. Clean, courteous, professional, and less money $119.00 a night. Breakfast, pool exercise room. I booked this through Expedia and placed complaints to them as well.

Room Tip: No rooms are good this hotel should be condemed overhauled
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank deborahortiz411
Mark1015, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

We apologize that you were not satisfied with the room that was allotted and will look into the issues raised by you.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

The hotel is in need of an overhaul. The reception area could do with an upgrade, our non-smoking room smelt of smoke, the breakfast area was basic. But - the location was incredibly convenient. Just off the the I95, it is a five minute walk from West Haven station with a 5 minute rail journey to New Haven, easy access to Grand Central New York and a whole lot of tourist destinations along the east coast. The best Mexican food is available at a little restaurant almost next door. Staff were incredibly helpful. The room was well equipped (good wifi). So despite unprepossessing appearances, it suited us very well. A good alternative to the over the top prices in New Haven.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank 38sally
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Pulled in late after driving many hours. Wish I had driven to the next exit. Learn from my mistake, do not stay here. Dirty rooms, hole in the bathroom door that wouldnt close, rude people, sketchy area, and as for the breakfast option, save your stomach and go to McDonald's.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank hethabeth
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Booked a room with jacuzzi. Checkin was quick and easy. Had one of the best valentines night. Room was clean with comfy king size bed, breakfast was ok with not many options. Will recommend this place 100% to my friends and family.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Hiren C, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

We are glad that you enjoyed spending your special day with us and hope to see you again whenever you are in the area again.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Pubic hairs in bed, shower, toilets. The was old moldy food left in the fridge. First room The A/C did not work and took over two hours to resolve that it did not work and have me moved to TWO more rooms. Final one was as bad as the first.

Room Tip: Stay AWAY from this place
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank MichaelF1177
Hiren C, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

We apologize that we were unable to provide us with a comfortable stay and will make improvements where required.