“Nice French Bistro”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2016

A'Vert serves solid French bistro fare. We recently had the trout, which was lovely and the duck, which was cooked perfectly. I have also had the beef bourguignon and hangar steak before - all great. They also have nice fresh salads and a decent wine selection. The restaurant is a little loud so if you are hoping for quiet dinner conversation, this is not the place.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We visited on a quick over night in West Hartford. A dismal and rainy evening and we wanted a table outside under the canopy. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive. During a heavier rain shower we moved to the middle and all was good. I had a shrimp cocktail and my wife enjoyed her goat cheese appetizer with honey truffle oil. Yummy. I tried a sock eye salmon special which was perfectly prepared. The small potatoes and sauce was excellent. Also the trout was perfect. Try the blueberry and peach desert. Now that was a excellent meal. I will certainly go again.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

The food offerings are fabulous. I love the salad and light dressing, the mussels and the truffle fries. The servers always know a lot about the wines and aren't at all pretentious. They offer much better wines than most competitors do at Happy Hour. I've also had lunch and dinner there. My favorites are the escargots and chocolate mousse.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Great service and atmosphere, but both of our meals were bland. We love Trevo and happy we tried a'vert. We now know our preference :)

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

A'Vert has a very nice brasserie type atmosphere with the layout contributing to a nice Parisian street feel. Our waiter Shawn was helpful and open with his recommendation. The foie gras perfectly seared but the crouton it was served on a little dry. My wife's escargot were large and tender and we'll done. Our entrees, the beef bourguignon and filet were perfect. The pricing was not outrageous for the quality of service and food. Definately a place we will haunt to get our French fix in.