“Great sandwiches and deli specialties at a great price!”
Review of Delicacy Catering

Delicacy Catering
Ranked #123 of 197 Restaurants in West Hartford
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Deli, Eastern European, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Delicacy Catering - First-Class Catering Services in Connecticut. Our fine local ingredients, chef-driven menus and highest quality service will make your party one to remember. Whether you’re planning a wedding, a baby shower or an extravagant gala, we’ll help bring your vision to life. We offer complete food, beverage, staffing, décor and rental packages for events from 20 guests to 250 guests. Be a guest at your own celebration. ​ Voted Best Catering & Chef Since 2016 by Hartford Magazine!
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I can hardly believe I drive past this diamond in the rough for so many years and never noticed it!

For reference, I've worked in West Hartford for 30 years and have spent lots if money trying to satiate my rather large appetite without ending up in the poor house! :P The struggle has always been to find tasty and fresh food for lunch that is healthy and doesn't take forever to prepare.

I own a home improvement business, and generally like to eat my lunch and get back to work in less than an hour. Ideally 30-45 minutes.

When my most recent client mentioned 'Delicacy' , I thought she was wrong about the name, but she insisted and directed me to the nondescript storefront only a few hundred yards away.

I've been talking about my 'find' ever since!

This bodega started out as a Russian deli that specialised in hard to find ethnic foods. It was only a few years ago that they started preparing sandwiches and other lunch items as the Farmington Avenue construction projects began. Workers were straggling into their store looking for something to eat for lunch, so the owners recognised the opportunity to diversify and they did!

I can't begin to tell you how many unique items they sell. The best way to appreciate it is to stop by and browse for a bit. I guarantee you that before you leave, your mouth will be watering and you'll definitely NOT leave there without buying something!

On my first visit, I couldn't resist the Chicken Kiev, which was a specialty item that day. I had the generous piece of delectably moist chicken heated for me and then purchased a pint of Russian potato salad to go with it.

Boy, was that good! And, satisfying! The chicken cutlet was rolled into a form that looked like a chicken breast with a bone protruding from the end. It was breaded and baked with the layers of herbs and whatever else they used to give it a wonderful aroma and mouth watering taste! When I see it for sale again, I'll grab some before it sells out! Likewise with the potato salad! Excellent. Very nearly the same recipe I grew up enjoying, even tho I'm a mutt- my mom is Polish, my dad is Lithuanian...

I could go on and on about the steak grinder I had or the meatball grinder, or for that matter, the fish fillet grinder, but I'd never do justice to any if them!

Take my word on it-- stop by and check it out! You won't be disappointed! Tell them Tony recommended the place!

3  Thank tredekas