All reviews great hotel recommend this hotel off the highway room was clean family wedding ct area enjoyed my stay would stay again stayed for one night easy access fresh fruit indoor pool front desk staff new haven nice stay waffles parking lot
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have stayed at many Hilton's over the years, and I must say this was one of the nicest I have been able to stay in. The hotel property is beautifully landscaped. You walk into a great clean lobby. We were able to check-in, with no wait. We did not get to our hotel till 9:15pm and have been on the road for most of the day. We were tiered, and did not want go out and eat, so we decided to order room service instead. Room service stops at 9:30pm we got our order in just in time. They took our order no problem, and we got our food within the half hour. Food was freshly cooked a delicious. Our room was just as nice, clean and comfortable as our stay. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone passing through.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

First, I would like to say that we really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton. Ga’Brielle welcomed us with open arms. She was very helpful and informative [ with things to do in the area, as well as generic information about the hotel itself]. She even offered to take our couple pictures by plants and the fire place in lobby. I was disappointed to find that we couldn’t hook our iPad to TV in our room [which means I couldn’t Binge watch our favorite TV shows nor the football game of our choice] All in all the rooms were very cleaned. I also would like to compliment our Bartender John for being helpful and great conversations as we ended our night. I will say that I had an uncomfortable experience at breakfast. I had a server by the name of Christina. During breakfast, she asked me “what room are you staying in?” [assuming because I had a tank-top with shorts on, with tattoos showing and maybe not realizing I violated a dress code policy] I asked why and she stated “ I need to make sure that your charged correctly on your bill” [As stated, Ga’Brielle already gave us that information the night before] I didn’t think much of Christina’s inquiry at first until I noticed that she didn’t ask any other guest at breakfast for their room number but instead their last name. I’m not going to say that she was being racially biased but I felt pretty uncomfortable to be asked my room number in front of other guest in the lobby while other guest had the pleasure of being asked they’re last name [ which according to facilities manager Mr. Boyles, is for confirming Hilton honors members] I decided to talk to Front Desk Rep Betsy about the protocol for servers finding out who pays for breakfast. She stated that all servers will ask for last name not room numbers. I explained to her my interaction with Christina and told her I will be informing the GM[Linzi] about the interaction. Betsy apologized and offer to pay for our breakfast but I declined. As stated, our stay at the Hilton was very pleasant besides the breakfast interaction with Christina. I truly do recommend this hotel to travelers in the area.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I have been coming here for years and the staff is always fun to interact with. Dietary accommodations are always met with some of the interesting and awesome. Great safe clean place to go, a home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Great hotel! Very clean, bright and airy. The staff was amazing!! They went above and beyond to help myself and fellow wedding guests get ready for a wedding we were attending. Best hotel I’ve stayed at in a very long time.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2018

This was a nice new hotel with a large, open front modern area. My handicapped room was huge. However, the breakfast area served as the restaurant area and it was super bright, crowded chairs and insufficient staff. So, meh.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 184marthas,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations; based upon your review we are actively working with our staff to ensure these items are addressed appropriately. Our hope is that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. We appreciate your honest feedback.