All reviews outdoor pool sympathy card front desk platinum elite member newly renovated hotel the entire staff the breakfast area quick drive parents weekend great night sleep breakfast host softball tournament room block quiet hotel stayed for two nights hot items wedding party
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice remodel done on this conveniently located Fairfield Inn. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Already rebooked since I will be working in the area again in near future. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
JeannetteD-GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

We thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Very Courteous and Professional Staff. Hotel was neat and front desk, pleasant. From check in to the service in the restaurant,it was all good. Room was very good. Breakfast was very good too. Will definitely recommend to friends and family

Date of stay: January 2017
GM20092013, General Manager at Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

We thank and appreciate you sharing your experience and very happy we were able to meet your expectations, we do our best to provide the best of service and when we get feed backs like yours we are always excited to share with Team members as it works as a motivating tool.
We wish you all the best and look forward to having you and family again.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

This is your typical Fairfield Inn property however the customer service was exception as was the buffet breakfast which is included in the stay. James at the front desk was hands down the best customer service individual I have run across in a very long time. He went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed and that we enjoyed our stay. Stephanie the chef in the restaurant was equally as pleasant, and her food was pretty great too.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GM20092013, General Manager at Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

We thank you for sharing your experience and moreover mentioning the names of our Team members we are always so happy when we achieve our goal which is to give you a service that will make you want to return, and so we do hope to see you again whenever you are in the area.
We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience.
All the Best.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

The facility itself is clean and comfortable. I booked through the official Marriott site for a discount rate I was eligible for based on my employment. The clerk verified the rate upon check-in. However, the next morning the manager informed me she would not be honoring the rate offered on the Marriott site and unilaterally, without my permission, ambushed me with a much higher price, charging it to my credit card. I stayed at this facility only because of the low rate offered; I would never have stayed here at the new rate she was charging me. Beware: after check-in, the manager may play games with your rate and may abuse that she has your credit card and bill you for unwarranted. The rate you booked for may or may not be what she actually charges you. In my case, I had to lodge a dispute with my credit card company, going through the hassle of composing a narrative and submitting documentation, a royal nightmare. This property should refrain from offering rates they don't intend to honor, or at the very least, indicate if they are going to renege on a price upon check-in, when the guest has the opportunity to accept the new rate they are offering, take advantage of a different discount rate (e.g. AAA), or decline to stay at the property entirely. Instead, they cheerfully welcome you and check you in, then blindside you with a ridiculously jacked up rate later on.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
GM20092013, General Manager at Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

We are always thankful that our guests/customers and Team Members of our Brand share their experience as it gives us an opportunity to improve, we must also admit it can be disappointing when the experience shared may not reflect exactly what the experience is or should have been.
During the time of your stay, our Brand offered a huge Holiday discount to Employees. Upon arrival, you were UNABLE to prove or confirm that you are presently an associate of the Brand, Management Company or otherwise. Our associate on duty informed you he would go ahead and check you in at the Regular Rate, and as soon as you provide the required documentation to confirm you were an employee he would gladly change your rate to the discounted one. During his shift, you did not. When I relieved him the following morning he updated me and you checked out with me, upon check out I again informed you that I will need the Associate's Discount Form in order that I apply the discounted rate, I further advised you that you are able to send the form up till 2 days after check out, to date we have not received the required document which would allow you to be eligible for the Employee's rate. I am also directing your concerns to our Brand, as we take all our customers concern seriously and always seek assistance to deal with concerns whenever needed.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Just off the highway, this hotel is very convenient. Clean and semi modern, it has all the amenities needed for a good nights sleep. the bed was very comfortable, the room extremely clean. The staff were outstanding, very friendly and helpful. The WIFI was slow during my stay, but the 5 rating is due to the outstanding staff.

Room tip: I always like higher floors
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GM20092013, General Manager at Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thank you for your kind words. Our core value is "service" to your guests, when our guests inform us that we have achieved that, we are happy. Your comments will be shared with the rest of the Team and we do hope you will stay again.

Thank you.