“Veggie wrap”
Review of Between Rounds

Between Rounds
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Between Rounds is a nice place for a sandwich. The veggie wrap is delightful. I loved the roasted red peppers and the dressing was delicious. Everything is fresh and made to order. The wait for our food was minimal and everything was real tasty.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Always enjoy the chicken salad on a toasted bagel for lunch. Good coffee selections too. Great location in Vernon Centet!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This place still has my favorite bagels of al the bagel places to choose from. The cheddar are my absolute favorite. For me its fine if they are smaller since I shouldn't eat too much bread anyway and I eat them as a treat. I also like the consistency of their cream cheese.
I will agree with others who commented on cleanliness and the quality. It can be improved. Wait times have been long lately as well.
I will continue to come here now and then for my bagel but I would not order a sandwich as there are other places I can get a better one.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This negative review is a long time coming. I have been a longtime customer (more than a decade) of Between Rounds, mainly the Vernon location. My visit over this weekend inspired me finally to write a negative (but fully honest) review. Our family has seen this restaurant decline over the past several years, and now we have had enough and will never return or spend another dime there. My primary complaints are the service, condition of the restaurant, and getting shorted on the food.

Service: The service is generally slow. The design of the newly remodeled restaurant does not flow. If you order coffee, you pay at the crowded registers and then backtrack in the line to the coffee station. There is a crowd waiting at the pick-up window. Most of the time for unknown reasons, the servers shout out the entire contents of your order instead of the ticket number, which is clearly marked on the receipt. When I order a bagel with cream cheese on it, many times I have to go back to the counter to ask for more cream cheese, as the amount given is shorted especially considering the expensive prices at this restaurant. Many times, the cream cheese or egg-on-a-bagel dishes are sloppily put together, making for messy eating.

Condition of the restaurant: Most of the time, I visit during busy times. While I understand it is busy, I find it unacceptable that the tables are littered with crumbs and such. In general, the restaurant is "trashed" many times I am there. This weekend was no exception. The coffee station was absolutely in disarray and the tables were not clean. During busy times, an employee should be assigned to attend to the lobby and such.

Food: I have noticed a decline in the quality of the food over the past several years. After the final straw this weekend, it seems apparent to me that the restaurant is cutting corners in order to save a buck. Wrong! Customers like myself will not fall for this and patronize a restaurant that engages in this practice. The bagels have shrunk in recent times; there was more hole in my bagel this time than ever before. The bagels are always fresh and taste good, but while prices rise, the bagels are getting smaller. The coffee was awful as well. It tasted clearly watered-down. The coffee add-ins such as sweeteners have gone from name brand to generic, and overall the quality has just continued to decline.

So I am done. Best wishes to Between Rounds. I hope the restaurant returns to its previous luster (because years ago, it was really great), but I've had enough of throwing away my hard-earned money here.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Nido4
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This is a favorite of my family's. We often stop here for bagels or breakfast sandwiches. The bagels are fresh and perfectly cooked. The breakfast sandwiches are made to order and have the option of chicken sausage. All ingredients are fresh and the selection of bagels and pastries is large. Their lunch rounders are also delicious and fairly priced.

Date of visit: July 2017