“i was amazed”

Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vernon
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Spent 2 nights visiting family and was pleased with the condition of the room. Pleasant and clean. Nice amenities too. One concern; on the first night only, the small dresser drawers below the television center would take turns opening by themselves. I would close them and find them open 10 minutes later. I kept my eye on them, but never actually saw them open. Here's the thing; One drawer was open before I went to bed. When I awoke, it was closed. Never opened again. Spooky, but kind of entertaining !t Didn't upset our stay at all. Breakfast included and I was surprised at the variety. expected a simple continental. But there was everything from cereal, eggs, omelets, meats, pancakes, etc. I've seen much worse. They have an indoor pool, but there were many kids visiting for a family reunion, so we didn't consider it. Otherwise, not so bad. We'll stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Victor-346, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank for the kind words on our Hotel. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep the hotel very clean, so thank you for noticing.

We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a month because I was moving to the area and starting a new job. The rooms are not well maintained with old carpets that need to be refurnished. Throughout my stay, I was bitten by bed bugs/flies. When I told the hotel management about the bed bugs/flies, they said that they could not find any in my bed. The cleaning stuff left at least one of their cleaning supplies in the room everyday (one of the days I had to pick up disgusting gloves that had been left in my room, the other day she left the dirty trash on my table). I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express properties but this has been the worst. Individuals hired to clean the rooms should not be leaving their cleaning supplies/trash in the room - it's not just unprofessional but also disgusting and unhygienic!! The manager on duty (Zackary) was extremely unhelpful and unhappy answering any questions or helping. He was rude every time I asked a question. After reaching out to him several times, I gave up and just started to clean my own room myself. In fact, the manager was never available. Their staff would keep changing so you saw different people each time. This is completely unacceptable for the cost for the room, I'd rather stay at a hostel and do my own cleaning instead of having someone come into my room and leave it in a more disgusting condition. Stay away from this hotel, and drive a few more miles to find a better hotel!! I do not recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hi sakshcha,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is regrettable that the cleanliness of your room and the service level of our staff did not live up to your expectations. Please allow me to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to regain your faith in us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information.

We value you as our guest and looking forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Easy to find I room was great for 3 of us. Breakfast is good. Brilliant pancake machine. No surprises! They add sales tax in the US so price quoted was a bit higher. I must remember that! Very friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I stay in hotels 2-3 nights per week. I've stayed at several Holiday Inn Express properties and this one is of the more disgusting properties. It is in dire need of an updated renovation. The only positive aspect of this property is the efficient front desk staff. I will not stay here again or recommend it until management renovates.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Hi Biztraveler2222,

Thank you for leaving a candid review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value each feedback as this will allow us to identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. Thank you for noting our hotel staff and the customer service they delivered.

On the other hand, I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the condition of the room received and its cleanliness level. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality facilities and I am sorry for not being able to deliver. Your comments are noted and will be discussed by our management for proper evaluation and improvement.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 July 2017

We had a very nice stay. Our room was clean and quiet, and the hotel is located near restaurants and a Weight Watchers meeting place. The breakfast area is awkwardly arranged with narrow passages to reach the fool and coffee. Will stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
1.6 km away
4.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
11.6 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester? Share your experiences!