All reviews stayed here room was clean indoor pool light sleeper very nice stay breakfast attendant will stay there again shopping mall convenient location easy access no surprises breakfast options fresh fruit pillows hie ct uconn
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Not bad, not great. It got the job done. There's a fitness center, but it's very sparse (what am I supposed to do with one 25 lb dumbbell?) :) Pool looked nice. Room was clean. Nice staff. Nice Italian restaurant next door. My AC was pretty rattly but it kept the room cold. Overall for Vernon this was fine.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank SoxWin09
Nikki346, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear sox Win 9,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear you had a nice stay. I have forwarded the comments regarding the fitness center to the appropriate manager to see if we can upgrade our weights. We are currently in the process of upgrading our AC Units so I do apologize for the unit being a bit noisy. I hope that when you return to the area you will stay with us again. We strive to make each guest feel like they are valued and that they have a comfortable stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2016

We stayed here one night while we visited the Brimfield Antique Show. The hotel is very clean and updated, and has friendly staff. It has a beautiful indoor pool and offers a great complimentary breakfast.
There are plenty of nearby shopping areas with a CVS, grocery stores, Homegoods and many restaurants. Angellinos Italian restaurant is located right next door and we walked over for dinner and drinks. It was great!
The mattress on my bed was heaven! I have to call them and ask what kind they use because it was so comfortable it felt like a feather bed!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Nikki346, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Ginnyf,

Thank you for the great view and positive comments regarding our hotel. We strive to make each guest feel like they are at home. The area has a gerat varity of shops and dining options , we are pleased to hear you had a great time at Angellinos ! Their food is amazing ! We hope to see you back when you are in the area. I can offer you some information on the mattress if you would like to contact me directly. My email is Nicole@anticomanagement.com, I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you for your busuiness and have a great day!

Reviewed 12 May 2016

While traveling back to Canada last week from a road trip, we decided to stay at this Holiday Inn, as it looked very nice, which it was! The breakfast room was close to the front desk and it was spacious and very neat and tidy. Our room smelled very fresh and it was super clean with lots of fresh towels and toiletries displayed in a nice way in the bathroom. They had cookies all packaged up by the front desk, and so we enjoyed a little treat after check in. We liked that it was very close to lots of shops and restaurants; actually there was an Italian restaurant right beside the hotel, and a little local bar right across the street, as well as many more within walking distance or a short car ride. We thought the breakfast was really awesome! They had bacon, eggs, turkey sausage, a waffle station, fresh fruit, a nice variety of cereal, with healthy options to choose from. Same with the yogurt; they offered regular and light choices. They also had really nice hot cinnamon rolls and great coffee! The beds and pillows were so comfortable; we slept great! Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim B
Nikki346, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you like the location, staff and amenities our hotel has to offer.I am happy to hear you enjoyed the area and all it has to offer. We hope that future travelers will find your review beneficial. Positive comments like yours continue to make us work harder to provide excellent service to our guests. We hope to see you again when you are in our area. Thank you for your continued business.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

Nice, friendly service with a great complimentary breakfast... the bed was comfy & the the room was clean. My keurig didn't work in my room after many attempts in different outlets, but otherwise great.

Room Tip: back side of hotel is more quiet as the front faces a bar that's open late night
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank bodybuddy23
Nikki346, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Dear Bodybuddy23,

We appreciate the positive feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize that your coffee pot was not working. Overall we are glad you had a great stay as we strive to make each guest feel at home.We look forward to having you back when you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

Stayed here 3 nights while working at UConn.

It is literally around the corner from the Rt 84 Ebnd exit. Only about ¾ of a mile to get back on highway.

It's fine, room was good, internet was okay (they have ethernet ports so bring a cable--I didn't). Breakfast was OK, and there is also a Keurig in the room. Nothing to rave about, nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Nikki346, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Dear PhineusFlog,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you like the location, staff and amenities our hotel has to offer.The hotel does offer Free WI-FI as well as the option to use a ehternet cord. We hope that future travelers will find your review beneficial. Positive comments like yours continue to make us work harder to provide excellent service to our guests. We hope to see you again when you are in our area. Thank you for your continued business.