“My favorite restaurant”

Rivers Edge Bistro
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Unionville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 March 2017

The food tastes so good, so healthy, so fresh. And the baklava selection! We always get a box of various types to try at home. They're all so good - we still can't name a favorite! I'm dying to try their breakfast. Maybe next week :-) The decor is plain, but it's clean, it's pleasant and simple, the owners are so nice, and THE FOOD!!! Their website says the food is inspired by the 21 countries that surround the Mediterranean Sea. So different from home and so delicious.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Rivers Edge Bistro defies categorization... there is something here for everyone and it is all completely fresh and home made by hand and delectable! Selections are all over the map- literally the WORLD MAP! FLAVORS and DISHES: Egyptian, Moroccan, Greek, Middle Eastern, I can't name them all. If you love food, you will enjoy eating here.
We have introduced many friends (with many and multiple dietary restrictions) to this unassuming little cafe and everyone has enjoyed it. We also love their Sunday brunch.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

When I spend $16 on a "lunch special" (drink and tax are extra -- that's how we went from $12 to $16), strangely, I expect to have left the restaurant having eaten something. Funny concept, no? Darn unfortunate when it doesn't happen. Darn pathetic, too!

I ordered the Lebanese Mixed Lunch Special, expecting to receive a nice plate of cold Mediterranean spreads. What I received was a small plate with little more than a tablespoonful each of muhammara, tabouli, and hummus with a piece of eighthed cold pita dominating the plate (something had to fill the plate!) and a sprinkling of misplaced garnishes on the muhammara (believe it or not, pickled ginger was among those ill considered garnishes). Nope, nothing else for my $16. Nothing! Needless to say, I was pretty flabbergasted.

It's unfortunate because the actual food -- what little there was of it -- was fairly good. Oh, it wasn't great, but it would have been an acceptable lunch had there been anything on the plate.

Anyway, I paid the ridiculous price for what I received, then I went next door (actually, a couple of doors down) to the Chinese take-out place and I had lunch (for about $7, if you're wondering).

Please do yourself a favor and find another Mediterranean restaurant so that this clueless merchant can quickly go out of business and, one is hopeful, be replaced by a restaurateur who actually feels an obligation toward his/her customer's contentment.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

I love Mediterranean food, and this place delivers. The owners are friendly, the service is great, the helpings are plentiful. We love the vegetarian Mediterranean Platter - and it's enough for two, if you get their AWESOME baklava afterwards (they have a variety of baklavas - we get 6 different ones to take home every time we go!) Highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Delicious, fresh and healthy. Great experience! My husband and I shared a great kale salad with pomegranate packed with flavor, also the grilled meats with quinoa on the side. Home made hummus was also great and their desserts are all home made. We highly recommended this special family owned restaurant.