“Delivers as advertised”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018

A colleague of mine from out of town kept telling me about "this great Italian restaurant in Suffield" that he happened upon while traveling on business, and he strongly encouraged me to check it out, especially since I live only 20 minutes away from it! So last night my wife I decided to give Tosca a try.

Tosca boasts farm fresh ingredients and hand-made pasta. Nestled in a small strip mall it's an unassuming place, and a bit cramped inside, but it's tastefully decorated.

Service was very courteous, attentive, and prompt. The menu changes regularly, even several times during the week, which helps maintain interest - you can't easily get bored with the offerings! And there are daily specials. I'm a very picky eater, and I'm not gastronomically adventurous. So I was surprised when I had a LOT of trouble trying to choose among the many appealing entrees--they all looked & sounded great.

I ordered the Cajun chicken, which sported julienne chicken strips, andouille sausage, and hand made penne pasta in a light cream sauce with fresh basil. It had a nice Cajun spice but without being overwhelming. (I'm a lightweight when it comes to spicy foods.) My wife had the shrimp scampi that featured giant shrimp, fresh capers, and hand made spaghetti. The flavor was superb. Overall the entrees were excellent. The salads, on the other hand, were more pedestrian. My spinach salad and my wife's roasted beet salad were average. A standout was the French onion soup, which we shared. Quite simply it was the best FOS either of us have ever had. According to our sever it's the chef's own personal recipe.

The wine list is not extensive, but they do have some good choices. We passed on desert, but the offerings appeared appetizing.

Dinner for the two of us, with an appetizer and 2 salads (no alcohol and no desert), was just under $80.

Overall it was good meal, with the stars being the French onion soup and the hand made fresh pasta. However, we've had better Italian elsewhere at competitive prices. We may go back again, but it wasn't like, "Oh my goodness, I can't wait to go there again!" type of experience. However, if you're in the area, and you're looking for something other than the traditional "Chicken Parm & Pizza" Italian restaurant, Tosca is definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Small, not many tables, smartly decorated . Food was meticulously prepared. Hot. Fresh. A simple menu with something for everyone!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

The food was delicious. The chef prides himself on presentation. We had a great anniversary dinner there.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Purchased a gift card in February and have tried to redeem it on two dinner occasions. In both instances we were told that the gift card machine was not working and, therefore,our gift card would not be honered. A direct request to the owner resulted in the owner walking away from our table. Better business bureau is our next stop.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This is not restaurant to get takeout. However, their food stays well for me he rude home unlike some restaurants. I sat at the bar and had a drink while waiting for me dinner. ''Tis is my 4th time st this restaurant. Firs time taking out. Service was top notch. The chef sent me out s complimentary appetizer again. I have eaten many places, but this place is top on my list even across the country.

Date of visit: June 2018