See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Service was exceptional even before we arrived! once we made reservations Lorraine contacted us and asked about what we liked to eat and if we had any food allergies. Something came up for Lorraine for the evening of our arrival. She contacted us and explained the situation and asked us what we wanted her to do. She could have just told us what she planned and had us work around it but she gave us an opportunity to let her know our thoughts.
Once there, we were greeted as if we were long time friends, very warm and friendly. We stayed in the Rose Room which was beautiful and cozy. It was winter and one of the coldest weekends we have had,the room did get chilly but Lorraine showed us where all the thermostats were and told us to feel free to adjust as needed. There was also plenty of blankets. You have to expect to get chilly in a very old home in New England in winter!!
Breakfasts were wonderful, Lorraine did the cooking, there was so much food you didn't need to have lunch! Fresh fruit and yogurt, pastry, eggs, French toast, breakfast meats, coffee, tea and juice. Outstanding!

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

What a charming and comfortable Bed & Breakfast right in the heart of Suffield, CT! The rooms are beautiful, offering a variety of style spanning over 200 years (very interesting architectural history!). The food was delicious and quite inspired. They also warmly accommodated my gluten intolerant wife without any grief or even hint of annoyance. In fact, the owners were kind, inviting and an absolute joy to spend time with. I highly recommend a stay at the Lily House, whether during the warm summer, or the pristine, snow covered winter (like we did, actually DURING a snow storm!). For locals OR out-of-towners, the Lily House is the perfect place to stay! Thanks, Lorraine!!!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016

My wife and I took a weekend trip to Connecticut and found Lily House. Lorraine and family were so welcoming and just wonderful. The house is beautiful, the rooms are very comfortable and breakfast was amazing. The location is perfect. Only a short drive from the highway, but far enough away that you feel like you are on a sleepy/cozy vacation in New England. I highly recommend this spot and know that we'll be back!

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 7 October 2015

We stayed at The Lily House for one night on our way up to New Hampshire from New Jersey. The location was perfect because it's just a few miles from the highway, so we didn't have to travel too much out of our way late at night. The Lily House is also toddler friendly which is another reason why we stayed there - not many B&B's are. We stayed in the Stargazer Suite which was VERY spacious. It had a main bedroom, a 2nd bedroom with a futon, and even a closed off little sitting area perfect for a crib. Lorraine was an amazing hostess and made a point to get to know myself and my family very well. The delicious breakfast was made to order, and Lorraine even made breakfast for my 2 year old, and played with her while my husband and I ate. My only gripe was the grandfather clock that rang at 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM.... There was a little street traffic noise as well, but I don't think I would have noticed it if the clock didn't wake me up first. Overall we had an amazing stay, and plan on staying again, on our next trip to New England.

Room tip: Stargazer was spacious with a main bedroom, 2nd room with futon, and a closed off sitting area. There was a little street noise in the AM.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2015

Lorraine was warm, welcoming, accomodating and lovely. The house has old charm and little details that make it wonderful to be in. The only negative which I know is of no control at all is the noise. If you are a light sleeper or have trouble falling asleep, the road noise and church bells will definitely bother you. The breakfast was delicious and the town is charming and a nice place to bike or walk.

Date of stay: September 2015