See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2015

We stayed at The Lily House for one night on our way up to New Hampshire from New Jersey. The location was perfect because it's just a few miles from the highway, so we didn't have to travel too much out of our way late at night. The Lily House is also toddler friendly which is another reason why we stayed there - not many B&B's are. We stayed in the Stargazer Suite which was VERY spacious. It had a main bedroom, a 2nd bedroom with a futon, and even a closed off little sitting area perfect for a crib. Lorraine was an amazing hostess and made a point to get to know myself and my family very well. The delicious breakfast was made to order, and Lorraine even made breakfast for my 2 year old, and played with her while my husband and I ate. My only gripe was the grandfather clock that rang at 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM.... There was a little street traffic noise as well, but I don't think I would have noticed it if the clock didn't wake me up first. Overall we had an amazing stay, and plan on staying again, on our next trip to New England.

Room tip: Stargazer was spacious with a main bedroom, 2nd room with futon, and a closed off sitting area. There was a little street noise in the AM.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2015

Lorraine was warm, welcoming, accomodating and lovely. The house has old charm and little details that make it wonderful to be in. The only negative which I know is of no control at all is the noise. If you are a light sleeper or have trouble falling asleep, the road noise and church bells will definitely bother you. The breakfast was delicious and the town is charming and a nice place to bike or walk.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 19 August 2015

We stayed 3 nights and the hospitality was great. The house was a beautiful historical home with great rooms and picture perfect setting. When we return to this area this will be our first choice to stay.

Room tip: We stayed in the Rose Room and it was just perfect for us
Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We stayed here one night on a trip to the Catskills. The house is beautiful with a lot of interesting history. The room was comfortable and the owner was fantastic and helpful. This B&B is very close to the airport and I would recommend it over a standard hotel because it has character and a delicious breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 27 June 2015

We happened upon the Lily house. We were greeted with such warmth by Lorraine. We felt welcome. Lorraine suggested the Three Figs restaurant just up the street. It was super as well. Our room was clean, elegant. We stayed in the upstairs suite, and before bed, had a glass of wine on the deck just off our room. Breakfast was fresh and delicious. B&B done just right.

Date of stay: June 2015