All reviews home away from home bedroom suite homewood suites by hilton merritt parkway complimentary breakfast light dinner full kitchen breakfast and dinner an extended stay fitness center the entire staff living area indoor pool staying at this hotel waffles business trip the hotel is clean
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

No perks for Diamond members. Also, one of the few hotels that didn't offer a cookie or anything at check-in or in the evenings. When I finally get to a hotel after a long day of travel, it's a big letdown not to get that. Not enough seating for the evening dinner, and it was horrible to practically be seated on top of each other with strangers. If I had money to burn I would have definitely gone out instead. The food was adequate, but the only thing a vegetarian could eat was salad every night. Desserts were yucky (tapioca pudding, anyone?) and one night they said they were offering potato chips instead of a sweet. And why could I get free wine and beer but no soda instead? The room was comfy and clean, but noisy guests. Had to wait repeatedly at breakfast for the fresh cut fruit to come out, and one day they didn't replenish at all. Good fitness room.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Clare P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Thank you for your feedback. My apologies that you did not receive a Diamond member welcome as your cookies would have been included. Guests do look forward to our Evening Reception; many evenings we do have a vegetarian option and I am sorry we did not know that when you were there as we would have tried to find something for you. Our team tries very hard to be sure the Hilton standards are followed and many times our offerings go above it. We hope you will give us the opportunity to show you we care on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for approximately 3 weeks before and over the Christmas holiday. My daughter stayed with us two weekends during that time. We were very comfortable with two full beds and a sleeper sofa. Great little kitchenette for simple cooking or heating up and a full since refrigerator which came in handy.

This hotel was immaculate! I am extremely fussy about cleanliness and our suite was cleaned and restocked daily by the sweetest hotel worker, Ivolyn. She took pride in her job and was very gracious to us as customers. And I have to say that most of the other employees we encountered were just as pleasant.

There was a breakfast buffet each morning that was good. You could certainly find something to eat whether a hot item or fresh fruits, yogurts and cereals. Most evenings during the week they even offered a light dinner. Nothing fancy but enough to fill an empty stomach. We were always on the go so never tried the evening food. They have a nice indoor pool and some exercise equipment. We did laundry several times so the washer and dryers were good to have on site.

The hotel was very, very crowded over the Christmas holiday. My only issues with our stay were other guests that I thought were inconsiderate. Some of the other guests looked like they were hoarding food and bringing it back to their rooms AFTER they ate their breakfast. Also, we had someone above us for two or three days who must have had little kids and the jumping around constantly was very annoying. We notified the front desk and they called the people above us but the noise continued. The guests should have been moved to the first floor but there was probably no other room available.

We make many visits back to this area and will continue to stay at this hotel when available. The word must be out about what a great place it is because I tried to reserve several rooms over a weekend this May and they are already sold out. I hope I will be able to get a reservation for Christmas this year as it was a very comfortable stay!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Clare P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

What a great description of our Homewood Suites! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences so that others can get an impression of all the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to having you visit again and this time being able to enjoy our lovely Terrace.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

Homewood is always a great compromise between staying in and going out. Not always the easiest location to get to but the rooms are spotless and the staff is always at the top of their game. Always a pleasure to stay here

• Trip type: Travelled on business

We so appreciate your sharing your feelings about our Homewood Suites! We are thrilled that you feel comfortable and happy when you are with us. Our Team tries very hard to exceed expectations and will continue to do so. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 February 2016

This hotel served my purposes very well while working across the street at Sikorsky. The room was clean and fairly nice. Dinners four nights a week were good and convenient, though the wine was very disappointing. In general, it very easy to live out of the hotel and get to work at Sikorsky quickly in the mornings. The most annoying thing was probably the amount of walking, as it is a very long hotel. Also the long, steep driveway can sometimes be problematic in the snow, but after it is plowed/salted it is not too bad.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Clare P, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

We so appreciate your time to review our hotel! It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our Evening Reception too. Our Team works hard to provide something tasty along with our salad bar. We hope you come back and enjoy our lovely Terrace in the Spring.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

This trip was amazing. I liked the place and it was great to be there. Lot of people were there and the place was really homly. sf,gjuhsdtligbndi;obni;ladnbgklbndibunbda;bna;kbnkljabjgnadfk;bvnadfk;jbnk;djbnk;jadbnjk;dgb

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple