“One Word - Sketchy”

Super 8 Stamford/New York City Area
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 16 October 2008

I knew I was in trouble the minute I opened the door to the hotel and saw the bulletproof glass area for late night check in's. After receiving my room key I got in the elevator with a man carrying a 20 pack of beer. The hallway to my room smelled disgusting.

The room was a decent size and was slightly less filthy (at least what I could see) than the La Quinta in Stamford. However, there was pink sticky stuff all over the night stand. Neither the floor ramp, nor the alarm clock in the room worked. Most importantly, the door to the room did not have a dead-bolt.

Breakfast was a joke - there was one bagel, 20 mini croissants, 3 jelly doughnuts, juice and coffee. The breakfast room was packed, so I ate my food in the lobby.

As has been previously mentioned, the parking lot is very dark and that combined with the sketchy neighborhood, made it scary.

If you are a single woman traveling alone, I urge you not to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank LuxuryTravelWorks

Reviewed 2 September 2008

The room smelled, there was gum stuck to the wall next to the bed, there were dirty sox behind the tv armoire, noise from I95, someone called the room twice at 1 a.m. The breakfast was ok.
NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank BSouliere
Reviewed 15 August 2008

I stayed here on business because that was where the company had us stay and it was the worst hotel i have ever been to. It looks very sketchy from the outside ( looks like a truck stop ) there was trash outside and the parking lot was not well lit so walking from their back lot to the front door by myself made me very uncomfortable. The staff was not very pleasant but the people staying at the hotel were worse. There were numerous prostitutes who were there with someone different every night and i could not walk through the main lobby without a man making a crude remark or "accidentally" bumping into me. The room I stayed in smelled like cigarettes (and it was a non-smoking room), the sheets and bathroom were fine but the comforter had dried bits of things that looked like blood. My mini-fridge was broken and the computer that has public internet access looked like it had never been cleaned. If you are a women going to a hotel by yourself i strongly recommend avoiding this hotel!

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 12 August 2008

This place is a dump. It stinks. Also, they charge $1.00 for the safe regardless of whether you use it or not. It did not have hot water when I showered, and is way over priced. When I asked why I was charged for the safe, they told me it was for security, and they would not wave the safe charge. DON't STAY HERE.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2006

Ok, so my boyfriend was coming to nyc to visit me for the weekend and we decided to stay at the Super 8, because it was close to bronx,ny (about 20-30 mins by car). The pricing was a lil too high (only cuz its a super 8, lol). Other than the pricing, we had a pretty decent stay there. The room was nice and clean, and the bathroom was really nice. It looks like they remodeled the rooms, so that was good. The room even comes with a mini fridge and a microwave..and an electronic safe for you to store your expensive belongings. The complimentary breakfast was actually pretty decent. There were four different types of cereal, mini danishes, muffins, donuts, bagels, whole wheat and white bread slices, fruit (apples and bananas), orange juice and apple juice, coffee machines, but the they stop serving at 10am, or they start putting stuff away at around 10am. The parking is free and its easily accessible to I-95 south (once you make a right to leave the hotel, I-95 S is straight ahead!). There are also two computer stations near the check in desk. The front desk people were nice. Overall a nice experience. Oh and the neighborhood is pretty quiet, which we both liked!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple