“Very Good”

Zheng's Chinese Food and Take out
Ranked #71 of 203 Restaurants in Southington
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 July 2015

I love Chinese and when I stay at this hotel I always get Chinese from this place. It is high quality in my opinion. The best General Tsao Chicken !!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

The best chinese food around. They do have a few tables to eat in but mostly take out and delivery. Crab ragoons are the best anywhere.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Since I'm mostly vegetarian, I enjoyed their vegan dishes and their spicy, garlic sauce is out of this world!! The food is wonderful and fresh and tastes just as good on the next day! The people are very nice too. :)

2  Thank MaineIndie
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Usually when you go out for Chinese it seems like a ton of salt and just quickly reheated food. But Zheng's is fresh and not nearly so salty.

I have been going here since they opened and usually create my own menu, limiting salt and keeping veggies maxed. Sometimes bringing my own ingredients to add a little more zip because I love HOT and spicy and chinese usually lacks something for me. It is never a problem and the owner has even changed some of his ingredients so I can leave it all home.

Both the owner and his wife are very friendly, not because we are regulars, that started the first time we were in. While waiting for food you can see them interact with others and there is no difference from one to another.

A customer, really named Walter, a foodie, comes in and raves about Zheng's. I have heard him say many times that he eats everywhere from coast to coast and now only likes Zhengs chinese for the freshness, friendliness and because it is not an issue to have what you really want and not what american chinese menus say you should have. Of course I am sure you can have what is on the menu and some people like it that way, but be adventurous.

Give Zheng a try and see, chinese doesn't have to be boring and bland.

2  Thank summerfuninwintersun
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My family used to go to the same take out place for our Chinese food and I saw Zheng's was opening I figured why not try it since it's a little closer to home. I was happy to find that the food is very good and the serving size is larger than the other place we used to go for around the same price. Whenever we order Chinese takeout it comes from Zheng's.

2  Thank Carl P